Do you agree that new threads get ruined by off topic posts?

Do new threads get ruined by off topic posts too often?

• Way too much, it's annoying

• Sometimes

• No, I enjoy it

• I just don't care, it's the internet

Results are only viewable after voting.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
List the members who you have problems with. If I am one I will refrain from speaking with new members until a preset time as everyone feels it is safe to do so. You can start a BC triumvirate to rule how long before I am allowed interactions with new members. Speak and it shall be done by me
I dont have a problem with you or with any other member.

I think you, or anyone else, should be free to speak to new members as they see fit.

I have no desire to be part of a triumvirate, or to control anyone's behavior.

I just think Brown Cafe might be easier to navigate and more appealing to new members if people could voluntarily cut down on the necroposting and thread hijacking in the Discussion Forums.

No disrespect or personal attack intended, towards you or anyone else.

upschuck

Depends on what kind of thread it is.

If it is a thread that was been answered, and the only thing that keeps thread going, is other people saying the same things over and over again, then off topic posts are the better than the redundancy of the posts.

I also enjoy when customers come on, and their threads spiral out of control, because they aren't supposed to be on here, anyways.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Depends on what kind of thread it is.

If it is a thread that was been answered, and the only thing that keeps thread going, is other people saying the same things over and over again, then off topic posts are the better than the redundancy of the posts.

I also enjoy when customers come on, and their threads spiral out of control, because they aren't supposed to be on here, anyways.
customers are not supposed to be on here? there is a sticky for customers in ups discussions, probably as a courtesy. i think it is a good thing although i do not like the idea that customers are seeing all of our dirty laundry. ha ha

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
customers are not supposed to be on here? there is a sticky for customers in ups discussions, probably as a courtesy. i think it is a good thing although i do not like the idea that customers are seeing all of our dirty laundry. ha ha
if you don't want people to see your dirty laundry....maybe stop airing it on the internet.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

Just in case you have been too busy dancing, having yard sales and traveling all over the world, that stickied thread actually attempts to discourage customers from asking their inane questions.

http://www.browncafe.com/community/...o-know-something-about-their-packages.354421/

Last edited: