Do you beep when you back?

jaker

trolling
When I back I hit the horn twice and so on till done backing ( if it's working right ) , resi I honk when deemed when needed , the ones I hate is when I honk the horn at a house in the middle of nowhere and they don't hear it then I knocked on the door and they answer , I am like Wth you didn't hear the horn there are no cars no where near your house who the heck did you think was honking

McGee

When delivering a resi, do you know how many people run for the truck when they hear that honk? Cops don't honk when they come to arrest you, so these people know it's not them. They know it's that double headed lovely they've been dying to try out. We get the immense pleasure of seeing them in their housecoats at 2 in the afternoon, as they have been pacing all day tracking that package!!!
:laughing: It IS good for a laugh after a long day !
Do you find yourself tapping the horn when you back your personal car?

Do you back into your driveway?

EVERY time, In fact I get weird looks if i DON'T

Packmule

Double tap horn every 2 seconds backing. That is how I was trained. Double tap horn at every stop, unless more is needed because of high danger of getting backed into. Try not to honk at all at the houses I know have sleeping babies and daysleepers. Got a warning letter 3 months ago for failing to honk once at one of these stops. Fought it, got the right to put notes in the board and not honk at only those stops.
Used to consider it disturbing the peace in residential neighborhoods, but doesn't seem the public cares, so neither do I.

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
I double tap the horn every 3 sec. give or take a sec.

I have sometimes out of habit, sometimes on purpose, Honked as I back my Personal suv. I always back into a parked position in my personal car, even B4 UPS. no blind spots when I pull out and have more control of wher backing into if done 1st.

Nose in parked positions especially at grocery stores are dangerous. You never know what might happen with all the blind spots as you back out . plus, to much time for area to change by the time you get in car, turn on and start backing out . Newbies !!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Do you find yourself tapping the horn when you back your personal car?

Do you back into your driveway?

I do back into my driveway on occasion. I back into my parking space at work every day. What's really funny is, the other night when I got into my car to go home I reached for my remote fob to start my car. :faint:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I think the ENFORCER would suit Dilli ....

I like Rottweiler better. More teeth.
thumbnail.aspx

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Since driver release came along why do we honk the horn at a residential stop. We do not need a signature so why alert the customer? Drop and run. Any contact with a customer results in loss of time. Does the mailman ring the bell?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I honk when backing in industrial areas, or when I see kids around, or any other time that, in my professional opinion, it is necessary and prudent to do so.

UPS management has forever been clinging to a pathetic fantasy that, by continuously and repeatedly blaring the horn at every stop, you will increase your SPORH by .0001 due to all the little old ladies that will hear the horn and come sprinting out to the curb in order to receive their package like Pavlovian dogs drooling at the sound of a bell. Those of us who work in the real world know that there is an appropriate time and place to use the horn, and an appropriate time and place not to.

Last edited:

old levi's

blank space
......... due to all the little old ladies that will hear the horn and come sprinting out to the curb in order to receive their package like Pavlovian dogs drooling at the sound of a bell.

:fantasysmiley: Happens on my route all the time. But truth be told, I think they are running to the truck just to see me.

:upssmiley:

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I put orange cones out on my driveway,put on my yard vest,attach an orange safety flag on my lawn tractor and yell beep beep when backing while cutting my lawn... when I'm done I fill out the DVIR and hand it in to my self!! I live for UPS

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Ahhhh when did you change into this ??? I just noticed,,THANKS,, now I wont be able to go to sleep this morning !!!:wootsmiley: