Do you care?

Do you care about making service?

• Yes

Votes: 51 77.3%
  • No

Votes: 15 22.7%

• Total voters

clean hairy

I disagree to a point. It is about cost now. Whoever can do it cheapest. Without service failures. Wins. For both of these factors. UPS is on top
Agreed, though caring would tend to reduce service failures, where not caring, service failures would go through the roof.

Last edited:

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
To all:
Do you care about making service? Do you care the package makes service without damage?
Please vote in the poll and discuss your reasoning.
Sincerely,
ChickenLegs
I care and try my best to make service and to provide the customer with the image that I care. It really drives me nuts when I get flowers, TV's, other delicate items that are on the bottom of the stack of packages, crushed or damaged boxes. Those items get moved and arranged securely in my truck if at all possible.

While I did not do the damage, and I was not the only hands that have been placed on that package, I am the last and only one the customer will see and image is everything. The way the box looks make me look unprofessional and it tarnishes the company and my fellow employees all the same. I guess my momma raised me to have some good work ethics.

Last edited:

box_beeyotch

You only make yourself look stupid if you don't care enough to put forth the effort. Without the big accounts and customers, we wouldn't be paid as well as we are, so I try to take care of them all equally.

smapple

I care and try my best to make service and to provide the customer with the image that I care. It really drives me nuts when I get flowers, TV's, other delicate items that are on the bottom of the stack of packages, crushed or damaged boxes. Those items get moved and arranged securely in my truck if at all possible.

While I did not do the damage, and I was not the only hands that have been placed on that package, I am the last and only one the customer will see and image is everything. The way the box looks make me look unprofessional and it tarnishes the company and my fellow employees all the same. I guess my momma raised me to have some good work ethics.

That reminds me, yesterday while unloading found a 135lb box on top of small boxes of amazon shipments near the front driver side of the truck. I think they were perfumes and oils because of the smell. At least 3 of them were leaking so the 2 boxes under them soaked up the moisture and because of that the boxes got weak and the 135lb box crushed whatever was inside them. In another truck some jerk that loaded it tossed a half closed bottle of blue gatorade in with the boxes about 6 walls in. As you can guess, boxes got wet and the middle row of boxes had it's contents tearing out the side, or the tapes couldn't hold and contents spilled out when lifting it.

I think service is one of those things people don't realize they need until it's gone or goes to :censored2:, and people shouldn't confuse actual service with lip service. Like how I called Comcast last week to dispute a bill and the automated 3rd rate software they use connected me to some guy in Mexico who told me he couldn't help me because I'm not in his service region. He didn't even know the number I should call or was able to transfer me to the right region, just kept saying "I'm sorry, we are unable to assist you with that." Eventually just googled it and when I complained about their phone system the person says the same bs "I'm sorry about that." Don't say you're sorry when you're not, and if you are sorry then do something about it!

BUCN85

Definitely care about service. When it comes to damages I hate to deliver a shoddy looking box but is rather leave it to the customer to decide if it's damaged or not.

By The Book

Old school here. I'm a perfectionist and do the best I can every day. I will break to prevent service failures and bag packages to keep them dry. The customers are the reason my job is enjoyable.

10 point

Service includes delivering the 800 number to those valued customers that get tired of the same irresponsible dispatch that we are tired of. Money talks.

M

Mike hunt

Service includes delivering the 800 number to those valued customers that get tired of the same irresponsible dispatch that we are tired of. Money talks.
I give out the centers number like candy. They don't like it but it keeps them honest.

burco8080

I totally care about my people do about anything for them.UPS care about them about as much as they care about me and fellow workers not much

Sent using BrownCafe App

clean hairy

If they cared about customers, there would be enough drivers and routes to avoid missed deliveries.
Also, they would not have orion, allowing drivers to run their routes more efficiently than what a computer program thinks.

Box Ox

I always care about making service and delivering undamaged because I consider myself well paid and want to deliver for a long time. Customers who love their UPS guy are a big part of that. What management does is out of my control.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
The only thing we provide is service. Unless it's Peak, break area Mondays, light days, days after holidays, days before holidays, etc. People want cheap delivery. We drop off boxes. Doesn't take that much srevice.

HubBub

Service is a 4 letter word to me (even though it's 7 letters). "Why?" you may ask. Well...

"Service" reduces my SPORH. It kills my "bonus". It wrecks my centers numbers and makes my center manager look bad.

In order to avoid these abominations, I DR absolutely everything, bag absolutely nothing, refuse to waste even a second listening to customer concerns, work through my lunch, don't take breaks, sprint like Usain Bolt, and never follow safe work methods that might slow me down. I'll put in more than a fair days work and then take work off anyone else. I am management's ideal driver. A real saint in the eyes of my management team...

Until I have an accident or get injured. Then I'm just a miserable worthless POS who "wasn't following the methods". I'll be issued a warning/suspension/termination letter by same people that trained me and praised my work every step of the way.

And then I'll realize that the only people that really care and really have my back happen to be TEAMSTERS, and that members of management are all con artists (whether by choice or necessity) and don't give a flying "friend" about my long term health or prosperity (or that of my family). Then I'll slow the "friend" down and begrudgingly resign myself to 12 hour days covering routes, making decent money and leading a fairly miserable life of all work and no leisure.

Happy new year mofos!