Do you enjoy your job?

• Thread starter FrigidAdCorrector
  • Start date

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I actually like it. especially after a couple weeks vaca and then I look forward to coming back. the best part of feeder is going out the gate until I come back thru the gate.

managers in the yard and office are the worst part but that is only about 7 % of the job. might be 7.5 %.

T

Turdferguson

I used to love working in the building as a part timer. Had fun with the people I used to work with. There were days it sucked ,but for the most part I enjoyed my coworkers and what I did. I used to love driving ,but grew to hate it when ORION started up. Did not enjoy the 6 months I had a target on my back from a :censored2: nozzle center manager who tried everything in his power to fire me,but outside of that I enjoyed driving. No longer drive ,and enjoy the people I work with and the job I do again.

I feel the same way. No matter what kind of work may be thrown at me each and everyday, after every shift, I feel as though I accomplished something and that's what keeps me going. I do however have a love / hate relationship as a preloaded though I must say. We'll see how my attitude changes once I start my driving career.

box_beeyotch

Having nothing to compare it to being as I haven't been around that long, I enjoy it. Being outdoors and servicing some of the good people I've met in my short tenure as a driver has been awesome. Now granted, there are days it drives me nuts, but that's any job...why not have one that pays well and you go home with a sense of accomplishment.

jbg77

I enjoy the job, but i dont feel like im able to give my all working 2 jobs. I do enjoy driving when im able to but it is very stressful for newbie.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Along with the 1997 strike.

Probably. But what I saw a lot of around here was management retributions for us actually having the balls to go on strike.

When I started in the late '70's, I really did enjoy the job. We had a tough but pretty fair center manager. We also had a tough but pretty fair DM.

The center manager was allowed to run his center. His on-cars were allowed to supervise. We drivers were directed to take care of the customers.

It was a much different UPS back then.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Probably. But what I saw a lot of around here was management retributions for us actually having the balls to go on strike.

When I started in the late '70's, I really did enjoy the job. We had a tough but pretty fair center manager. We also had a tough but pretty fair DM.

The center manager was allowed to run his center. His on-cars were allowed to supervise. We drivers were directed to take care of the customers.

It was a much different UPS back then.
You just hit the nail on the head. The few center manager's we have now that could manage are not allowed to.

margaritaville

My ideal job, would be all resi and no pickup route in an auto 700. I dont care how many stops on it long as its reasonable to finish. And have wednesdays off every week.

But i have no senority, so i just do whatever they tell me. If i had what i described, it be a great job. However, i like it compared to what else is out there. A lot more visually stimulating then most jobs.

Ecw21411

Love my customers hate being micromanaged and how they always let u know what you've done wrong and forget all the good things u do