Do you ever get depressed?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Ok just throwing it out there. Not suicidal, not maniacal, not totally in the dumps. But do you ever just feel so down about going to work?

I used to enjoy it so much. And part of it could be, being on a depressing route. Now every day is more snow, more ice, colder than ever has been, getting home late. And I so know. Because we make x number of dollars per hour, we do not have any right to be down, we should just be running around with dollar signs in our eyes. We have a job, and paid no price for it.:annoyed2: We should never be sad, cold, tired, hungry, grumpy, or rude. WE should be just a happy smiling puppet, constantly.

If I am the only one, so be it. But there has to be a few of us, who are just saying, Ok some sunshine would be nice. And someone besides me, who is just not quite as happy as usual. We have people getting stuck on flat level roads, and getting Union letters. Yes I know wipe your arse with them, but it takes its toll.

Once you are on a road, you cannot turn around, you are committed. You cant use a driveway, coz you will be stuck there too, not that any are usable.................I was stuck the other day, took me 20 minutes to get loose. As I put my tire chains on. and I finally got loose as one of them shot off, never to be seen again. I told myself, If I cant get out, I am calling someone to come get me, call the center and tell them to come get unstuck, and I am retiring today. Its just gotten so unbelievably hard, to stay positive, thoughts, besides "just think how much money you are making.....":hang:

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Our PCM was about not parking in intersections and driveways !!!!

UMMMM EXCUSE ME MCFLY, SNOW BANKS ARE 3 FEET HIGH, I HAVE NO CHOICE BUT PARKING IN FRONT OF DRIVEWAYS

Just get some good music on and work at a safe pace. It's just remanufactured garbage from people who never drove.
When all else fails, take a stress day off :winks:

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Yeah, actually. This pending storm in the works here right now with more 0 temps almost makes me want to cry because I'm just that sick of it. And it stresses me out with driving more than anything because I'm constantly worried about getting stuck or something.

On the plus side this looks to be the last snowfall in the ten-day outlook so hopefully it's done, and in another two weeks it'll be time for DST so it'll be light out much longer. Just gotta bear with it another week.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Our PCM was about not parking in intersections and driveways !!!!

UMMMM EXCUSE ME MCFLY, SNOW BANKS ARE 3 FEET HIGH, I HAVE NO CHOICE BUT PARKING IN FRONT OF DRIVEWAYS

Just get some good music on and work at a safe pace. It's just remanufactured garbage from people who never drove.
When all else fails, take a stress day off :winks:
Sounds good.

Ok just throwing it out there. Not suicidal, not maniacal, not totally in the dumps. But do you ever just feel so down about going to work?

I used to enjoy it so much. And part of it could be, being on a depressing route. Now every day is more snow, more ice, colder than ever has been, getting home late. And I so know. Because we make x number of dollars per hour, we do not have any right to be down, we should just be running around with dollar signs in our eyes. We have a job, and paid no price for it.:annoyed2: We should never be sad, cold, tired, hungry, grumpy, or rude. WE should be just a happy smiling puppet, constantly.

If I am the only one, so be it. But there has to be a few of us, who are just saying, Ok some sunshine would be nice. And someone besides me, who is just not quite as happy as usual. We have people getting stuck on flat level roads, and getting Union letters. Yes I know wipe your arse with them, but it takes its toll.

Once you are on a road, you cannot turn around, you are committed. You cant use a driveway, coz you will be stuck there too, not that any are usable.................I was stuck the other day, took me 20 minutes to get loose. As I put my tire chains on. and I finally got loose as one of them shot off, never to be seen again. I told myself, If I cant get out, I am calling someone to come get me, call the center and tell them to come get unstuck, and I am retiring today. Its just gotten so unbelievably hard, to stay positive, thoughts, besides "just think how much money you are making.....":hang:
Big hug.

UPSER110

Its not just they, its the whole freaking storm thing.

I agree, I try not to let it get to me too much.. there has been so much ice the past couple weeks it has just sucked, but I guess I have just started getting used to the cold and crappy roads... Eventually it will warm up and I will be getting paid vacation time!

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Never get depressed about anything. Do I hate going to this stupid job everyday? Hell yeah, but like Slaveman said, its a comedy show and I just laugh my nuttz off everyday about this place. Cant take this job too serious and get down about it, just not even worth it really.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
The thought of going to work depresses me. Once I'm there, it isn't that bad. Always have something to look forward to. Kind of a carrot on a stick. Heading away this weekend for a one night getaway and Florida in a few weeks. I agree, this constant cold and wind really sucks the life out of you.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
The thought of going to work depresses me. Once I'm there, it isn't that bad. Always have something to look forward to. Kind of a carrot on a stick. Heading away this weekend for a one night getaway and Florida in a few weeks. I agree, this constant cold and wind really sucks the life out of you.
It really does suck the cold and snow. Be warm before ya know it guys.
tumblr_ncy26nH0qh1terwlso1_500.gif