Do you ever get depressed?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
When I get depressed, I let the animals on my route cheer me up. Its tough to stay glum when an 80lb dog jumps up into the truck (and into your lap) before you even get the motor shut off in order to give kisses and get a biscuit. Animals are great because they never lie and their love is unconditional.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
When I get depressed, I let the animals on my route cheer me up. Its tough to stay glum when an 80lb dog jumps up into the truck (and into your lap) before you even get the motor shut off in order to give kisses and get a biscuit. Animals are great because they never lie and their love is unconditional.
I spent the day loving on my baby dog. Not too many on my route, the ones I have I spoil of course. I am feeling so much better, pet therapy. Check out my facebook page and see the one that got rescued, I feel so much better about that too.

Overpaid Union Thug

I've never been depressed because of the job. But I get real close when I come into work knowing that we will be blown out because of the bad weather and will be driving and walking in snow/ice/mud all day.

wayfair

swollen member
depressed???
Have any of you ever delivered to a nursing home?
How would you like to work there?
I've watched one nurse who normally signs for stuff address a code blue?
Do you know what a code blue is?
After that encounter, I figured my job wasn't that bad...

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
depressed???
Never said it was all my job, people get depressed all the time, weather is one reason.
Yes I have been to nursing home, funeral homes, autistic children schools, animal rescues. That causes depression, to see this and to work there. But there also you see hope and people trying to make things better. I was just sharing a personal moments with my friends online. It was not a pity party. I just wanted to know how others were feeling, and now I do, so easy how that works. And yes I know what a code blue is. If you never had a down moment in time, good for you.

wayfair

swollen member
Never said it was all my job, people get depressed all the time, weather is one reason.
Yes I have been to nursing home, funeral homes, autistic children schools, animal rescues. That causes depression, to see this and to work there. But there also you see hope and people trying to make things better. I was just sharing a personal moments with my friends online. It was not a pity party. I just wanted to know how others were feeling, and now I do, so easy how that works. And yes I know what a code blue is. If you never had a down moment in time, good for you.

I've had plenty of down moments.. just have to put it in perspective, ya know

My house flooded a couple years back... a week previous, a co worker lost his wife in a tornado...

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Holy crap. This thread took off. I tried to read it for lunch. I ran out of time to finish. Finally got to the end now. As for me. I know what to expect from UPS. 26plus yrs of it. I get depressed more over the lack of unionism. By both part timers and by the union heads of our locals along with the national ass wipes. Yes. I do have days when I just don't want to freeze my scrotum off. I just hate wasting it on cold days. Spring will be when I get to watch the boys play baseball. Then all of my worries are gone. Work is work. I like to leave it. As I walk out the door

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
depressed???
If a code blue is when they leave the patient in a crappy diaper for hours then yes I've seen it at the nursing home on a route I cover

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
It did cheer me up yesterday when 3 yappers were circling my truck and a teenage kid came running out of the house in his shorts and slipped on the ice and landed on his arse.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I never get depressed, maybe sometimes unmotivated and bored with things( like this job lol) but luckily no depression. I guess sometimes if I start trippin on something in my mind, I remind myself where ive been and where I come from, and now im in a lot better place. You see some sad things in life that remind you, no matter how bad things are or have been, theres a lot more unfortunate things that people have gone through or are going through currently. That's when you snap out of it and thank the good lord for the things we're blessed to have and how we sometimes take things for granted and live life and appreciate those things. High on life, I guess that's me lol. I see if 1st hand sometimes cause my wife suffers from anxiety and I have spent many a nights up real late sitting with her through panic attacks. She takes medicine for it so its not as bad as it once was. So in that aspect I look at it like, id rather have ADHD than anxiety any day of the week. Perfect example of how some people have it worse than others.

Rainman

Its all good.
Anytime I feel down I just focus on the positives.
:censored2:ty job but
Good pay
Good benefits
Nice house
Nice car
Nice savings
Nice pension
Good socks
Etc....
You got that right, Inde.
I try to be as positive as I can. The situation will remain the same, only our reaction to it will change. If I'm positive I'm content, if I'm negative, I'm pizzed off. I would rather be content than pizzed off all the time. I've been both, content is much more fun.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
What??!! I almost agreed with RickyB until the second half.
200.gif
I like Ricky(Rubio) lol