Do you guys scan your pickups?

billerz

Never heard that, 29 year driver.
I'm sure, just like with pretty much everything at UPS, there are parts of the country where drivers still scan pickups. In my center they have instructed us not to, unless it's a special case.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The package goes thru the system Un-controlled?

No. They arrive at our center in a white plastic bag before being processed. 9 times out of 10 the clerk will have the package but there are times when she will ask us to sign off on them without handing us the package. It has not been a problem (yet) but I would not want to be the driver who signs off on a HV and not be able to find it while on road.

trickpony1

It has not been a problem (yet) but I would not want to be the driver who signs off on a HV and not be able to find it while on road.

This is what is called getting too "comfortable" on the job. It has, and will, result in lost jobs.

Why would a person with a well paying job like ours depend/rely on another person on such a critical issue?

I would stand right there and wait for the clerk to bring me the package before I sign for it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This is what is called getting too "comfortable" on the job. It has, and will, result in lost jobs.

Why would a person with a well paying job like ours depend/rely on another person on such a critical issue?

I would stand right there and wait for the clerk to bring me the package before I sign for it.

I agree.