Do you have a route that gets cut?

9.5 everyday

My route is cut Monday's and is in most Friday's. There wasn't much to bid this year. What was available was either hood routes or training routes. I don't mind being off every once in a while. Usually I'll ask drivers of routes I know if they want off. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. Once my kids are out of daycare and pre school, this will be an ideal route b/c the money won't be tight. I'll have to pretend to hate this route so I can bid again next year.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
It's not the way it works. The decision to slash which routes is not done at the center level. It's done by someone in an ivory tower. He could tank all he wants. It's still getting cut
LOL. I can tell you, the decision to cut which routes is not done at the center level.
Cutting routes is done at the center level. The only time a DM gets their hands in it is if there are way more cars than planned or SPC are way below planned.

oldngray

nowhere special
Cutting routes is done at the center level. The only time a DM gets their hands in it is if there are way more cars than planned or SPC are way below planned.

Which routes are cut is done at the center level but the number of routes they are allowed to run is dictated from above.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Which routes are cut is done at the center level but the number of routes they are allowed to run is dictated from above.
If I have enough volume to fill another route I can put one in without getting approval from above. Your basic plan is set from IE, but you are given leeway to add or cut cars based on the projected volume.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
might I add go against the plan too many times and you get a phone call Thursday morning that you're starting at a new center 4 hours away on Monday.

I've seen it happen with my own eyes. These aren't just stories we've heard b

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
They tried to cut my area once. It didn't work out to well for them. I have work taken off everyday. Its their job to get me in. They know I will stay out any chance I get. Now I never work a 9 hr day

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
You can add a route but it will be your ass on the line if the numbers look bad. Of course if you cut routes and the numbers suck thats OK though.
That's why you don't put a route in unless you know you will hit your numbers. Planned cars isn't a number you live and die by. If you can justify putting in another car you do it.