Do You Know This Courier?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
His name is "Troy", but he could be any of you. Here's Troy's story. This guy was IamFedEx.com material, an absolutely "7" courier, never sick, and always there to do whatever management wanted. He was pretty much a Golden Boy.

Then Troy got hurt, a typical on-the-job repetitive stress injury that could happen to any of us, and he had to have an operation. Of course, it was a preventable injury (aren't they all?).He didn't make it back after 90 days, so he got displaced, and he spent 2 months hassling with Aetna before he ever got an STD check. 6 months later, he was back, and luckily there was a route available so he didn't lose his job.

I had lunch with Troy last week, and he is a changed man. In the couple of months he's been back, he's gone from Charley Hustle to Mr. Bare Minimum. The senior even called him into the office for a TLA because his numbers were down and his attitude sucked. Troy didn't really say anything at the meeting, but he told me he had really had his eyes opened as to the way FedEx really is, and that he felt like a maroon for busting his ass for years for a company that immediately threw him under the bus when he got hurt.

I still think there are a lot of you out there who don't think this can happen to you. It can, and if you're around long enough...it will.

bbsam

Staff member
He sure did!
It wasn't exactly this scenario but, very similar using generic people.
Unfortunately, the bottom line is, it's true.

and this time the story will resonate and everyone will rise up and ...do nothing. Just sayin'. And some of you think we don't need Obamacare. More and more every day.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
He sure did!
It wasn't exactly this scenario but, very similar using generic people.
Unfortunately, the bottom line is, it's true.

He sure didn't! "Troy" is a pseudonym for a courier I work with. Over the years, there have been many others who have had the same thing happen to them.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
B'c,
No matter what I think, or who I want to be in charge, nothing will be perfect for everyone.
Wouldn't you agree that we can't please all the people, all the time?

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
He sure didn't! "Troy" is a pseudonym for a courier I work with. Over the years, there have been many others who have had the same thing happen to them.

Dude,
You posted something super-similar within the past few months.
If I didn't have a life, I might go back and pull it up (like I did about your post about the "well team, another peak is behind us" thread from MT3)

bbsam

Staff member
B'c,
No matter what I think, or who I want to be in charge, nothing will be perfect for everyone.
Wouldn't you agree that we can't please all the people, all the time?
I do agree but I think we can do better for more than we have. Don't you agree?

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
You might think that I'll just lay down and take whatever comes along with no spine but, bottom line is, that's what you're (we're) gonna get.

Ok, dudes,
I gotta go to bed now, I'm working 6 days this week.
Peace out!