• Management: No

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Part timer: Yes

Votes: 14 16.1%
  • Part timer: No

Votes: 7 8.0%

• Total voters

kingOFchester

I know this is a hard question to answer. I do not love my job. But I would say yes, I like my job when you add up the pro's con's, good days bad days, over all I like my job.

Drivers
Part timers
Management

S

serenity now

I do like my job. * I don't like what it has become over the years with layers and layers of mindless restrictions.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I like it don't love it. I've said since I was about 20 I don't need to love my job. U can pay me enough to do just about anything.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I don't like it every single day, but all in all it's a good job. I've made a bunch of friends through the job, and it provides a good, solid living for my family.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I think any driver will tell you there are good and bad aspects of the job and there are things we like about it and things we wish we could change. When I worked inside there wasn't much I liked about that at all. I simply endured it as a means to an end.

Tim.

Package Placement Expert
After 6 yrs of working Preload, I can say Im getting VERY tired of loading trucks. But as a Cover Driver, I can say I like my job, even more after 12:30pm, when Im getting paid overtime to deliver cardboard.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I like my job, I don't like everything else. This is why I come in and do my job, and ignore everything else. Some of you should try it, you might like it.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
You got the right mindset jack. After you drive a while you just gotta ignore all the mind games these fools play with you. You can play mind games with me all day Daddy O if you want but im still going to go out and do the job by the book and it will be what it will be. And if you send me out too heavy they going to get rock a bye baby on the tree top lol. Just cant let it get to ya thats all. The job i tell people is super cool but they want to make it hell for ya since their idiots and they get off on it. The jobs cool and the moneys cool but the hours and the bs super suck thats for sure.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I don't like going to work. I didn't like it for the 10 plus years before I worked at UPS. I don't hate my job, I just don't like working, even though I've always been a damn good employee.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I love being a driver and not afraid of working hard for a living. If you don't enjoy what you do for work, then you took a wrong turn in life.

Its a good job, great pay! The mind games have to stop! This isn't flag football, its tackle football. From time to time somebody is going to get hurt or have an accident. That's life! How many interception Tom Brady thrown in the Superbowl? Should he get a warning letter? Get walked out the door? The answer he is still a good quarterback! (im not a brady fan) We are all good employees, just treat us that way! You will get a lot more in return in the long run!

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Does suck the way it dominates your life. You just dont have time to do anything and by the time the weekend comes your so beat down physically. You kinda have to be real selective about what you have time to do and balance it out between family activities and commitments. I can deal with all the bs and shadyness if we could exchange it for starting earlier and getting home earlier. I think we can all agree we dont mind the hard work because that is what the job is but the whole hours thing is the most irritating and dominating aspect of the job. The hours just really suck dude.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I love it mostly. I just never understand the stress that some people have with it. Big picture: It's really not that hard of a job. You deliver packages, you eat lunch, you pick up packages. Then you go home. Pretty cut and dry.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I really enjoy the job of bring a driver.
I meet alot of great people,pet everyone's dogs and love the freedom of being my own boss on the route. I like the challenge each day brings and the sense of fullfillment i get when i empty the truck. I push myself hard every day and often think the work pace as well as working in the elements keeps me very healthy.
​sure the job has changed over the years,but it's all good

NI1

I'm at the point of no return (20 yrs driving). I will lie if I say I love my job. What I can say is, I know how to work hard for a living, I love what the job has provided for me and my family (because of my hard work) , I love Thursdays :). Overall there are ups and downs here (like any other job) I can say that I can't wait for that last day when I am ready to retire, I might just call in sick or drop the route hahaha

didyousheetit

I actually do like my job. Talking to people of all kinds of background. I've learned a lot about people. That being said, the management teams used to be hard on you but you knew where they were coming from because they had done it before you. Some had driven for 12 years before management, not the 3 month wonders we get now. Also , the lack of family life is hard to take. Wife is really good about it so that helps.

cynic

If I liked doing it or if it were enjoyable they wouldn't have to pay me to do it...

As a PT unloader I do like (and appreciate) my job. It's a lot less stress than my full-time job that has no benefits.