Do you pull over?

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
If your cell rings & it is your on-car. Do you usually pull over to answer it or let it go to voice mail?

Similar scenario...you just left the center & have a bunch of windshield time before you get to your area, do you stop and check a new diad message or wait until you get to your first stop?

Last edited by a moderator:
S

serenity now

If your cell rings & it is your on-car. Do you usually pull over to answer it or let it go to voice mail?

Similar scenario...you just left the center & have a bunch of windshield time before you get to your area, do you stop and check your message or wait until you get to your first stop?

pull over and answer it, i hate (loathe) voice mail
what messages?

glad you started this thread; been wanting to ask: how many of you text on a regular basis

Notretiredyet

My oncar contacts me via the diad, he knows I won't answer my cell as it's behind the bulkhead door and used for personal business only.

over9five

Staff member

Similar scenario...you just left the center & have a bunch of windshield time before you get to your area, do you stop and check your message or wait until you get to your first stop?

If I'm on the highway, and a long way from my next stop, I'll answer the cell. If I'm on side roads shifting a lot, I'll wait.

Let it ring! The people that need to get ahold of me,text me! They know I will reply when I get a chance. Also I have a different ringer tones, so I know who it is without having to look at the phone! I have the 3 stooges ringtone for my boss!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I look at my phone at 11:30, 3:30, and 6:30, unless I am expecting an important call. If its an emergency, its a txt which I can read quickly. I text more than talk, but dont do much of either.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Oh, I text way more than talk. It's free. I have the iPhone verizon 450 min plan, so I don't talk much. Text, video, and web is all free.

barnyard

KTM rider
If I answer the phone, I pull over and answer it. The only time I text is during breaks.

Checking the diad message is a tough one for me. I used to check it as soon as the light went on and have been breaking myself of that habit. With the new diads, I carry that in the holster, so I cannot see the light, so I am thinking I won't check it until I get to a stop.

Last week, I was covering a route that starts early and does an air meet. I knew about what time I would be getting a call with the meet ETA, so I had the phone ready for that. It worked out, that every call came during a stop, twice at the same place.

stink219

Similar scenario...you just left the center & have a bunch of windshield time before you get to your area, do you stop and check a new diad message or wait until you get to your first stop?
I'll only pull over to answer my phone if it's my mommy. Never for a sup or manager.

over9five

Staff member
I look at my phone at 11:30, 3:30, and 6:30, unless I am expecting an important call. If its an emergency, its a txt which I can read quickly. I text more than talk, but dont do much of either.

Me and Tooner text!

Oh, I text way more than talk. It's free. I have the iPhone verizon 450 min plan, so I don't talk much. Text, video, and web is all free.

I just got Skype. Only used it once with wifey so far....

Want to facetime?

Is that the same kinda thing as Skype?

menotyou

bella amicizia
Me and Tooner text!

I just got Skype. Only used it once with wifey so far....

Is that the same kinda thing as Skype?
I am jealous!!!

So, you dirty Skype, huh?

facetime is apple's version of skype. I have never used FaceTime, so have yet to dirty facetime. (that doesn't sound a s cool as dirty Skype, it sounds like a dirty Sanchez. Eeeeewwwww)