Do you pull over?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by TooTechie, Feb 17, 2013.

1. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

If your cell rings & it is your on-car. Do you usually pull over to answer it or let it go to voice mail?

Similar scenario...you just left the center & have a bunch of windshield time before you get to your area, do you stop and check a new diad message or wait until you get to your first stop?

Lasted edited by : Feb 17, 2013
  2. serenity now

serenity now Guest

pull over and answer it, i hate (loathe) voice mail
    what messages?

glad you started this thread; been wanting to ask: how many of you text on a regular basis

3. Notretiredyet

Notretiredyet Active Member

My oncar contacts me via the diad, he knows I won't answer my cell as it's behind the bulkhead door and used for personal business only.

4. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

I text a lot. I really hate talking on the phone.

5. over9five

If I'm on the highway, and a long way from my next stop, I'll answer the cell. If I'm on side roads shifting a lot, I'll wait.

6. Let it ring! The people that need to get ahold of me,text me! They know I will reply when I get a chance. Also I have a different ringer tones, so I know who it is without having to look at the phone! I have the 3 stooges ringtone for my boss!

7. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

I virtually never text on my cell during the work day but I text friends at night.

8. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

LOL

9. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

I don't answer any of their calls. They know this yet they still call it. I laugh every time they call.

10. toonertoo

toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

I look at my phone at 11:30, 3:30, and 6:30, unless I am expecting an important call. If its an emergency, its a txt which I can read quickly. I text more than talk, but dont do much of either.

11. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

I would let it go to VM, now. They can send the message via diad. I like documenting things.

12. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

Oh, I text way more than talk. It's free. I have the iPhone verizon 450 min plan, so I don't talk much. Text, video, and web is all free.

13. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Want to facetime?

14. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

You know, I have never used that. I'd love to!

15. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

If I answer the phone, I pull over and answer it. The only time I text is during breaks.

Checking the diad message is a tough one for me. I used to check it as soon as the light went on and have been breaking myself of that habit. With the new diads, I carry that in the holster, so I cannot see the light, so I am thinking I won't check it until I get to a stop.

Last week, I was covering a route that starts early and does an air meet. I knew about what time I would be getting a call with the meet ETA, so I had the phone ready for that. It worked out, that every call came during a stop, twice at the same place.

16. stink219

stink219 Well-Known Member

I'll only pull over to answer my phone if it's my mommy. Never for a sup or manager.

17. over9five

Me and Tooner text!

I just got Skype. Only used it once with wifey so far....

Is that the same kinda thing as Skype?

18. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

I am jealous!!!

So, you dirty Skype, huh?

facetime is apple's version of skype. I have never used FaceTime, so have yet to dirty facetime. (that doesn't sound a s cool as dirty Skype, it sounds like a dirty Sanchez. Eeeeewwwww)

19. stink219

stink219 Well-Known Member

Dirty FaceTime sounds so much dirtier!!

20. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

I love derailing threads.