Do you pull over?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
If I see that green light on my DIAD go off or my phone rings on the way in, I wait until I stop at my Hub. I'm not going back out to help a slacker, they shouldn't wait that late to contact me.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
We talk (bluetooth) and text with Dispatch, on-roads, and each other frequently in Feeders. If management is working with us communication isn't a problem. You've got a few guys who won't allow mgmt to call their cell phones. FDT has messaging capability but you have to be under 5mph to use it and often won't hear the alarm if you have the stereo up or the tractor is loud so cell phone is preferred. There is also quite a delay using messaging and currently we are not trying to capitalize on delays.

S

serenity now

If I see that green light on my DIAD go off or my phone rings on the way in, I wait until I stop at my Hub. I'm not going back out to help a slacker, they shouldn't wait that late to contact me.

roger that, before the diad was wireless, i would leave it out of the bucket on the way back in

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Me and Tooner text!

I just got Skype. Only used it once with wifey so far....

Is that the same kinda thing as Skype?
I am jealous!!!

So, you dirty Skype, huh?

facetime is apple's version of skype. I have never used FaceTime, so have yet to dirty facetime. (that doesn't sound a s cool as dirty Skype, it sounds like a dirty Sanchez. Eeeeewwwww)

Wife lives 4 hours away M-friend so we FaceTime almost every night.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
If your cell rings & it is your on-car. Do you usually pull over to answer it or let it go to voice mail?

Similar scenario...you just left the center & have a bunch of windshield time before you get to your area, do you stop and check a new diad message or wait until you get to your first stop?

I will pull over and answer the phone if possible.

If I get a DIAD message, I will pull it out and check it when I am at a stop sign.

My experience has been that the sooner I get the information the better.

S

serenity now

If I get a DIAD message, I will pull it out and check it when I am at a stop sign.

+ 1

JackStraw

I don't give my cell # to mgt. Nor do I have their #'s. Whenever I get a message to call 'em I tell them I don't have my phone with me,use the diad to communicate or wait til I find a phone. If the green light comes on I wait til I stop. If I'm on my way back to the building, I won't pick it up til I'm in.They might want me to do more work.

Indecisi0n

False. After my last delivery I see the green light driving back to the shop. I drive all the way back to center to then read a message that says "Can you help XXX." I take the board with the message to OMS, walk in the office and say "nope" and walk out the office. I told them before, if you don't get me before my last delivery then you are SOL. They purposely wait until the last second because they want you to work fast thinking you are getting off early then instruct you to help someone. Sorry not happening.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Manangement, although I'm sure they have my cell number, never calls or texts me (whew!). I do get messages to call this or the other supervisor, and I usually will when and if I have service (spotty on my route). I will pull over, call and immediately ask them if they are driving or off the road. I have been known to hang up if they are driving.:devil3:

S

serenity now

False. After my last delivery I see the green light driving back to the shop. I drive all the way back to center to then read a message that says "Can you help XXX." I take the board with the message to OMS, walk in the office and say "nope" and walk out the office. I told them before, if you don't get me before my last delivery then you are SOL. They purposely wait until the last second because they want you to work fast thinking you are getting off early then instruct you to help someone. Sorry not happening.

really talking about two different situations here:

headed back to the bldg. i will ignore the green light

but i agree with sober if it's earlier in the day, especially on a rural route with high miles, you're better off to be aware of any changes/problems asap, esp. if it's going to end up in your lap anyway *

soberups

Recording while idling.

Yep.

Good thing I dont give a sh$t about showing up on a Telematics report.

They used to nag me about it when Telematics was first installed, but after awhile they gave up.

I am 100% compliant when it comes to seat belt usage. Other than that, I am the worst in the center when it comes to recording while idling, number of backs ( I average about 70 a day) back first exceptions, bulkhead door open while in motion, etc etc.

Somebody has to be the worst, it might as well be me!

Last edited:

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Yep.

They used to nag me about it when Telematics was first installed, but adter awhile they gave up.

I am 100% compliant when it comes to seat belt usage. Other than that, I am the worst in the center when it comes to recording while idling, number of backs ( I average about 70 a day) back first exceptions, bulkhead door open while in motion, etc etc.

Good for you! I'm around 60-65 a day, and I haven't heard a word in months.

jg78

Have a rural route. Avg 125-135 stops and 130 miles per day. During peak add 75-100 stops. My backing allowance was 45 before peak, 61 during peak and now it's at 36! It's a joke so every day I manually enter "0" in my diad and back whenever I deem it necessary.

S

serenity now

Yep.

They used to nag me about it when Telematics was first installed, but adter awhile they gave up.

not worst, least best

soberups

Have a rural route. Avg 125-135 stops and 130 miles per day. During peak add 75-100 stops. My backing allowance was 45 before peak, 61 during peak and now it's at 36! It's a joke so every day I manually enter "0" in my diad and back whenever I deem it necessary.

What exactly are you entering in the DIAD? What does the "0" mean?