• yes

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • no

Votes: 12 85.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
I don't feel it is discourteous or necessary to reply back. I just keep the person who gave it to me in mind if I see them make a post I feel warrants a reputation point. To tell you the truth I rarely ever give rep points because I don't really even think about it. I probably should have elected not to participate. But its nice to have the option if I really feel strongly about someones post.

browniehound

if someone gives you a "rep point" or adds to your reputation, do you send a pm back to them thanking them?

I never send them a "PM", but will "rep" them back at their next good point. Like a previous poster wrote, I keep them in mind while a read all the un-read posts.

Many times the person will make a good reply to my comment and I will "rep" them right there. I will also leave a comment too and thank them.

Now that we are on the subject I would like to sing the praise of the "rep" system. It does a great job of making mundane posts a little bit more interesting.

I really enjoy "rep'in" people when they make a good post. I also enjoy reading the comments of my posts. It adds another layer off depth to the posts.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I agree with Brownie and Jim. I keep them in mind in the future. Actually, the parameters of the rep system kinda of makes you do that anyway. You can't rep one person all the time. You have to share the 'love'.

On occasion my rep's are thank you's for a post.

Bad Gas!

I don't reply.I don't know how the B/C system works. It sounds like politics to me.I just post about issues as I see em like everyone.I'm not here to please or appease..

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I seldom reply also. But I will usually rep that person back. Sometimes I will rep a new member just to make them feel welcome.

I also use the "Friends" option. If I like the way a person posts, I will put them on my Friends List. Most of the people on my Friends List are people I asked, a few of them sent the friendship request to me first. It doesn't mean anything to me if they turn down my friendship requests, thats just the way things go. There are a lot of people out there I wish were on there, I just haven't got around to ask them.

We also have a "Groups" list. You can join that and let people know what you do. You can also post pictures there. These are all options that Cheryl has added to this site to make it a little more interesting.