Do you show your Supervisor your Excessive Overtime Grievance Check?

undies

Just came back from FMLA this week and after 3 days over 9.5 on 3 different routes; I was finally able to opt in. Next week is going to be fun!

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
So you actually have to be on the clock more then 9.5 hours each day to collect? No thanks.

I can remember a couple of three years ago reading some of the posts about excessive OT and thinking"these guys are on crack,we barely work 40 hours a week!'............. but starting last year for our center Peak Season became a year round event.
IE has stated it's cheaper to pay the grievances than to add drivers,so we make them PAY . I have three 11 hour days this week but today i gt off "early" with only 10 hours. I have filed almost every week since the first of the year and dont see an end in sight.<shrug> One day this will OT will come to a quick end for various reasons,so for now i'm going to make hay while the sun shines

Dragon

Package Center Manager
This is the new fad in our center. We have what we call Free Money Fridays about once every two months when our grievance checks come in, and we all show our Supervisors just how much we are making from their poor managing skills. It goes over GREAT let me tell you!

One on Road told us he'd heard we were making bank but he had NO idea it was often close to $1000 for some drivers,. We all offered to give him an application for the Opt in List!

Management knows how to manage people who are mad,people who have bad attitudes,they play driver against driver very well.................but they have NO clue on how to manage this situation and yeah we love it

Better show it to me in the morning...I am gone by 430pm!

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Better show it to me in the morning...I am gone by 430pm

We have new Division and Operations Managers who are most displeased with my center's "least best' ranking in the division. this is creating 70-80 hour weeks for our supes. My center manager would murder someone to get away from our center

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I'm hearing that nobody in the Central Region is on the same page with the 9.5 issue.
Kind of sad when you think about how they had 9 months to get their ducks in a row?
Instead, a month after the contract was imposed, there still is no SOP.

I guess they were too busy selling "lemons"?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I'm hearing that nobody in the Central Region is on the same page with the 9.5 issue.
Kind of sad when you think about how they had 9 months to get their ducks in a row?
Instead, a month after the contract was imposed, there still is no SOP.

I guess they were too busy selling "lemons"?
Great. I'm in the central. What is there to be confused about?