do you think hoffa and hall is selling us out?

the unions are losing a lot of money due to the arbitration for dishonesty.

• yes

Votes: 38 56.7%
  • no

Votes: 23 34.3%
  • I don't care

Votes: 6 9.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LongTimeComing

Air Ops Pro
:knockedout: :knockedout: :knockedout:

UPS drivers earn $32+/hour, no-cost benefits that rank among the best of any employee group in the country, up to 9 weeks paid time off (including holidays & sick days) and one of the most generous pensions in the country. Over the past two contracts, the IBT has negotiated a $17.75/hour wage & benefit hike -- including over $9 in direct wages. That translates into more than $20,000/year in additional income without any benefit contribution or dilution. This places UPS drivers into the top 15% of all wage earns, and top 10% in total compensation, in the country. Meanwhile, most American's total compensation package has decreased over this time frame. ... And our union is weak?

I don't understand... UPS is a publicly traded company burdened by high labor costs, which has lead to concern on Wall Street. NOBODY should be surprised that UPS is asking for us to contribute toward health care. What did you expect ... for Scott Davis to bow toward Hoffa & Hall, offering to provide whatever they asked for??????? It's not going to happen. But they're still negotiating economics.

Before &@&! and whining about the union selling us out... why don't you wait and see what's negotiated rather than @$I@! and whining about something that's nonexistent?

I think the mods should program this post to automatically respond to every single thread that contains words like "Screwed", "strike", "Hoffa", "Hall", "Cost", "Woe is me", etc etc..

WESLA

It is what it is
A ups drivers total benefit per hour is over 49.00 an hour. I feel we deserve that with the profits we have. However, if ups goes public about our threat to strike, the public will have no sympathy when they find out our complete package. The union needs to play the card carefully, IMO.

Politics, politics.
You're correct that the general public will not back us. Fortunately, for the teamsters, consumers will have little affect on what the outcome will be in our negotiations. It's more like large contracts we have. Teamsters made a point in the 90's. Big company's don't want to do business like that again.

Teamsters just need to be prepared to stand up for what so many have fought for.

If it goes bad it will be a huge hit..... Not just for the teamsters, but for the middle class of America!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I was wondering why I am suffering so with a 88K income and free healthcare and nights and weekends off. Horrible!

If you knew anything about math, you would realize that HALF your increases each year are lost by splitting them every 6 months. So, you are told you get .75 cents a year raise, but in reality, you dont. HOFFA and HALL got screwed in 2008 with this formula. They sold out the members by splitting the raises.

FYI, I made 105K last year as a full time driver even with splitting the raises due to UNNECESSARY OVERTIME the Teamsters cant seem to stop.

You name a section in the contract and Ill tell you where you got screwed.

peace

TOS

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
If you knew anything about math, you would realize that HALF your increases each year are lost by splitting them every 6 months. So, you are told you get .75 cents a year raise, but in reality, you dont. HOFFA and HALL got screwed in 2008 with this formula. They sold out the members by splitting the raises.

FYI, I made 105K last year as a full time driver even with splitting the raises due to UNNECESSARY OVERTIME the Teamsters cant seem to stop.

You name a section in the contract and Ill tell you where you got screwed.

peace

TOS
Article 6 of the local 344 rider. Grants me 7 weeks vacation per year. I guess since I don't get 8 weeks you will let me know how bad off I am?

skunk

A ups drivers total benefit per hour is over 49.00 an hour. I feel we deserve that with the profits we have. However, if ups goes public about our threat to strike, the public will have no sympathy when they find out our complete package. The union needs to play the card carefully, IMO.

Why should I care what the public thinks? The public would not have sympathy with UPS either making a billion dollars net profit every three months.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yes I was there. So I suppose if the public puts pressure on UPS to give in to our demands then they will just bow down and say OK?

In '97 we had the support of the public in our fight against the "big bad company". In 2013 we would not have that support---the company would be sure to "leak" details of our wage/benefit/pension package and the public would view us in the same way they view other union workers.

thedownhillEXPRESS

In '97 we had the support of the public in our fight against the "big bad company". In 2013 we would not have that support---the company would be sure to "leak" details of our wage/benefit/pension package and the public would view us in the same way they view other union workers.

I have to agree with you.

The powers that be have gotten all the working class envious of each other vs those that make exponentially more and call all the shots.

yeldarb

Leaking part time wages to the public? Good luck with that. We all know that would not be passed on by the media. Many would see 8.50 as being fair. 49.50 for drivers will get all the publicity, and people would turn their attention to the "greedy union".