Do you think that drivers are highly overpaid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NI1

I don't think you have an idea what we deal in day in day out... You see, this job is more mental than physical. Not for everyone.... Overpaid? Lol

Cementups

Box Monkey
I feel my pay is quite fair.

Sometimes you have to start at the bottom shoveling :censored2: for minimum wage before you can sit in the hot seat and get paid the king's ransom. 20 years ago (tomorrow) I started shoveling :censored2: just like you for $9.00/hr on Preload. But after those 20 years I feel I've earned my higher wage. Top rate 15 years ago when I made progression was $19.76/hr I make almost $13/hr more per hour than I did then, but so does the guy who was working Preload back then. Now that guy is making $24/hr (unless he is FT). $24/hr isn't too shabby for a PT gig.
You make what you do based on the choices you make along the way.

​In the mean time............SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP!!!

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I feel my pay is quite fair.

Sometimes you have to start at the bottom shoveling :censored2: for minimum wage before you can sit in the hot seat and get paid the king's ransom. 20 years ago (tomorrow) I started shoveling :censored2: just like you for $9.00/hr on Preload. But after those 20 years I feel I've earned my higher wage. Top rate 15 years ago when I made progression was $19.76/hr I make almost $13/hr more per hour than I did then, but so does the guy who was working Preload back then. Now that guy is making $24/hr (unless he is FT). $24/hr isn't too shabby for a PT gig.
You make what you do based on the choices you make along the way.

​In the mean time............SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP!!!

somewhat agree. but 9 dollars back then is worth almost 20 dollars today.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Do this job year in and year out 5 days a week 10-12 hrs a day and then let's hear that we're overpaid you arrogant.

Why are you mad lol? Is it because the truth hurts? Face it, the job is easy, you are overpaid. Your $32 wage will soon be cut, just watch. The American citizen ain't buying it, we will soon get fed up and let the corporation throw you guys under the bus and make you work for the money and give you what you guys are worth. You will have to pay into your benefits sooner or later, nobody got time to baby sit you guys and give you your candy when you cry waaaaah.

Why is your name still "you ain't even know"?

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
We will let your center manager know that when you go driving Mr. Trollhead that you want to be paid 10 bux an hour when you start driving cause you dont want to be overpaid cause the jobs too easy.

purplesky

Because you guys are undereducated and unskilled. It's not like you guys went to a trade school or college to become drivers. Any bum (crackhead) can sacrifice their body, you're telling me that they deserve to be paid high? I say no.

Would a crackhead pass the drug test and dot physical? NO! Would a bum get out of bed and work his ass off 50 hours a week? NO!

A college degree doesnt guarantee income for anyone. DIDNT YOU GET THE MEMO ABOUT THE LOST GENERATION WHO LIVE IN MOMMY AND DADDYS BASEMENT? IS THAT YOU?

Many UPS drivers have a college degree and just like everyone else(MOST) in the world put in their time and hard work to make a living.

So do bums and crackheads work for a company that makes billions in profits? NO! DUDE IF YOU WANT TO TALK ****Z ABOUT UPS DRIVERS ON HERE YOU HAVE TO DO BETTER!

If you want to be a troll, atleast try and be a good troll.

jaker

trolling
You know I will be honest if the job had set hours(more family time) and hardly any harassment , I would do it for less money

but it doesn't and it never will so pay me for what we do, no family life or time and dealing with management harassment

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Wait til that numnutt kid goes driving their going to beat the hell out of him lol. Or better yet hes going to talk smack to the wrong driver on the wrong day, a day that the driver has a bad load,bad dispatch and is on the brink of going ballistic. Man hes going to get hurt, id pay to see that :censored2: whoopin lol.

P

pickup

Most drivers at my building couldn't even unload a trailer as fast as me even if my two hands were broken. Anybody can drive a package car and make deliveries - even old 70 yr old men. But to unload and load trailers - the job is not for everybody. I unload a truck by my self with a metro that only extends half way into the truck, and I did it in only 30 minutes. I wasn't even trying. But how could someone say driving a package car is hard when old 70 yr old men can do it? I personally don't think that drivers should be paid more than $20 an hour. Anybody with one brain cell can do it. I also don't think that drivers should be paid more than highly skilled workers such as mechanics, engineers and construction workers. I think at least 25 to 30 percent of full time drivers' pay should be slashed and be added onto the part timers' pay rates. We need more non sellout part timer ba and officers.

If that is the way you feel about driving, then why are you having an instructor teach you how to drive in preparation for the road test that you will need to pass in order to obtain a driver's license? Assuming you have one brain cell, you should be able to pass your road test without anyone teaching you how to drive (by your logic, anyway).

browntroll

do i believe drivers can do a hub job not from my experience but do i think they are overpaid hell no, everyone ask when im gonna drive
i tell them when i decide im willing to give up 12 hours a day and can fake a nice enough attitude with perfect working pace for management
and when i learn how important every package to not get caught tossing ppls packages on camera or by loss prevention, dont even get me
started on the stuff i hear drivers get accused of taking from loss prevention.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Wait til that numnutt kid goes driving their going to beat the hell out of him lol. Or better yet hes going to talk smack to the wrong driver on the wrong day, a day that the driver has a bad load,bad dispatch and is on the brink of going ballistic. Man hes going to get hurt, id pay to see that :censored2: whoopin lol.

Will never make it that far. If he shows half the attitude at his management team that he shows on here then they are already gunning for him. He will never get the opportunity to drive.

cheeks

2010 and only 9 posts, I really must have ticked you off to get you out of your cave. :)
29 yr. vet. started while in college PT, worked two jobs, Unloaded, loaded, 17 yrs. Driving 12 yrs. Work related injury. Off work till UPS and lawyer work this out. Bored and entertaining myself with nonsense like this :halfdead: Just wanna get back to work.

Vinny Sibel

The drivers' pay should not be up for criticism. From a business point-of-view, they are the driving (lol) force of the very service UPS offers to customers, so it is only logical one would boost the incentive to be a driver. That way, people take the driver position as a career and develop their skill in the position and continue to improve the quality of UPS as an entirety. It's plain and simple business basics.

HomeDelivery

maybe he ventured over to the purple side of how drivers are getting paid up to 1/2 of what UPSers are getting paid... for about the same unbalanced work-family life.

contractor-paid drivers also see no OT pay or hourly pay and little to no bennies as well... I switch from a contractor pay status to a temp/hourly pay during peak & since we work up to 70 hours a week during peak season (working from Mon-Sat) i get the bonus of OT pay after 40 hours as a temp driver

purplesky

maybe he ventured over to the purple side of how drivers are getting paid up to 1/2 of what UPSers are getting paid... for about the same unbalanced work-family life.

contractor-paid drivers also see no OT pay or hourly pay and little to no bennies as well... I switch from a contractor pay status to a temp/hourly pay during peak & since we work up to 70 hours a week during peak season (working from Mon-Sat) i get the bonus of OT pay after 40 hours as a temp driver

Sounds like it would make sense to go work for Brown if package delivery is going to be your lifes career?

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Is it weird that I didn't even have to look at who posted this to know who it was? Personally, I think he gets his socks blown by getting a reaction out of folks. If not, then he is quite possibly the most ridiculous person here (arguably.) Never done the job...feels like he knows what they're worth. Unloading is hard. So is loading. Preload sucks. Driving is mentally and physically demanding. In all honesty, there's a few routes where you could make the overpaid argument. They're usually extended routes for the older fellers, but make no mistake, there's not a single driver I can think of that thinks his/her job is or ever has been easy. There's a few that think they're overcompensated, but they're largely a huge minority...single digits. When you do the job youngster, then feel free to compare. Until then, do yourself a solid and compare apples to apples. You're comparing apples to steak right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.