Do you think that UPS is going to get worse for workers over time? (How raises work?)

PT Car Washer

W

part timers don't vote? What local are you in. I've seen part timers vote in my local. Maybe this was an exception? Needing answers now.
Just another excuse for the old guys to throw the new Union members under the bus. Then they complain when their retirement is sold out for a Dollar raise.

Z

ZQXC

Do you think that UPS is going to get worse for workers over time?

That has been the trend for the last 30 years; I don't see it changing.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Hard to get back but easy to lose. How many knew that you lost Black Friday as a day off before the contract was signed
We had not "lost" it. It's simply a paid holiday. There is no language in 99% of locals promising you the day. The contract simply states how you are to be paid if your forced to work that day.

GET OVER IT PEOPLE!!!!

Brownslave688

If you haven't noticed, our raises over the years haven't kept up with inflation.
I would say this is very close. At best they have been inflation raises at worst we actually lose a little money.

My BA actually had the nerve to say before this last contract. "I'm amazed with how much you guys get paid that you even got raises. This can't keep up."

Notice he didn't say anything about the massive increase in money funneled to the union through pension and healthcare.

Indecisi0n

We had not "lost" it. It's simply a paid holiday. There is no language in 99% of locals promising you the day. The contract simply states how you are to be paid if your forced to work that day.

GET OVER IT PEOPLE!!!!
It amazes me the small :censored2: people focus on. They are worried about not getting black Friday off and have no clue what their pension is doing. You just can't fix stupid.

Brownslave688

It amazes me the small :censored2: people focus on. They are worried about not getting black Friday off and have no clue what their pension is doing. You just can't fix stupid.
The only thing I would say is if we continue to work Black Friday make it a regular work day and give me another optional holiday.

Geo926

Black Friday is a paid holiday and optional work day. If you work it's double time. I will gladly keep working that day.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

its going to get worse for new hires now and new hires in the next 10 years
I would argue it's worse for those of you who have been around for while. You're losing what you've had. Can't miss anything you never had.
Stress free you say? Clearly, you're not a loader in 120 degree weather.
Been a loader in 120 degree weather and -15 degree weather. The stress level doesn't change in heat. Just makes you thirstier.
it will get worse just like most jobs in america because of globalization, immigration, women entering the workforce, and automation.
Hey Canada pipe down.
he Bloated salaries of the Board
How much do you think the board makes? I just pulled it up, they make 100k, get restricted stock options, and a little more if they are on a committee. That's about average for any board position. But hey, why get in the way of the evil corporation bashing.
The Billions were earned by the Union Workers...Not the fat Cats walking around in suits with their ties too tight around their Fat necks
Ah yes, it's all the worker. Because the white collar guys never did anything to grow the business. It was the blue collar union guys who went out and bought the trucks, expanded to new areas, built new centers. Got it.
It's the wealthy versus the working class, and the working class will always lose.
Does the wealthy class just not work or something? I don't get it. They get paid because they have a special set of skills. If you think you can do it, go for it. But it's tough to say the leadership doesn't work. My buddy's dad is the CFO of a 20 billion dollar company. Beautiful million dollar house on a lake, nice car. Never gets to enjoy it. Wakes up at 430. In the office for 6 leaves at 8PM. Makes conference calls until midnight.

The jobs may not be labor intensive, but to say they aren't difficult is ignorant.
GET OVER IT PEOPLE!!!!
Amen. That was one of the best days I've ever had at UPS. Only had about half my crew, everybody was in a great mood. Double time and then double time with overtime on top of it. You want to talk about a heavenly payday.

rickyb

I would argue it's worse for those of you who have been around for while. You're losing what you've had. Can't miss anything you never had.

Been a loader in 120 degree weather and -15 degree weather. The stress level doesn't change in heat. Just makes you thirstier.

Hey Canada pipe down.

How much do you think the board makes? I just pulled it up, they make 100k, get restricted stock options, and a little more if they are on a committee. That's about average for any board position. But hey, why get in the way of the evil corporation bashing.

Ah yes, it's all the worker. Because the white collar guys never did anything to grow the business. It was the blue collar union guys who went out and bought the trucks, expanded to new areas, built new centers. Got it.

Does the wealthy class just not work or something? I don't get it. They get paid because they have a special set of skills. If you think you can do it, go for it. But it's tough to say the leadership doesn't work. My buddy's dad is the CFO of a 20 billion dollar company. Beautiful million dollar house on a lake, nice car. Never gets to enjoy it. Wakes up at 430. In the office for 6 leaves at 8PM. Makes conference calls until midnight.

The jobs may not be labor intensive, but to say they aren't difficult is ignorant.

Amen. That was one of the best days I've ever had at UPS. Only had about half my crew, everybody was in a great mood. Double time and then double time with overtime on top of it. You want to talk about a heavenly payday.

the wealthy get paid because workers let the wealthy class dictate their pay along with their working conditions. why were slave holders or kings successful? because everyone tolerated it. just change ur perspective makes some thing ok or not.

Rawrzxor

the wealthy get paid because workers let the wealthy class dictate their pay along with their working conditions. why were slave holders or kings successful? because everyone tolerated it. just change ur perspective makes some thing ok or not.

Yes...They shouldn't tolerate it. That's what unions are for.

rickyb

Yes...They shouldn't tolerate it. That's what unions are for.

sure but i think u will have problems as long as capitalism exists. i mean u could have unions in slavery or unions in feudalism and they would do the same thing which is probably make life a little better for the workers.

ch317273

When your bank says no, champion says YES
sure but i think u will have problems as long as capitalism exists. i mean u could have unions in slavery or unions in feudalism and they would do the same thing which is probably make life a little better for the workers.
WTF-animated-gifs.gif
are you on crack, meth, or both?

pretzel

I donate to the DRIVE fund every teamsters should they help make labor laws better. That's the 1st place to start because it affects all workers not just ups. Second be an example follow the methods and teach the new guys what it means to skip breaks sort on lunch periods hide injuries and talk smack about other drivers. Third support your local union as much as possible. We have the power not the three stooges in the office. Stand up for each brother and sister. If not then be prepared to see routes go out daily with 200 stops and new drivers getting it done in 9 hours. That's who the company has been targeting every contract. The new workers we must fight for them because one day your pension will be in there hands.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!

Really? 1 guy on our board is a board member for 7 other companies/foundations? They meet what, once a quarter or once a month? Please correct me if I am wrong here but are you justifying a $100K salary for working 4 or 12 weekends a year?