Do you think the termination will stick

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Senior driver with 20+years sheets NDA from next town over. Asked about it then lies. Currently on unpaid vacation. I have a feeling they will be going for termination. Nothing prior like that before so I wonder if they will just give the driver a really long unpaid vacation or terminate.

If they terminate, do you think it will stick? Two cardinal sins...I'm thinking it will especially since we have all been warned so much about doing that.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
With 20+ years in he should've known better.
One would think, but the driver still did it for whatever reason they did. Hate to see anyone lose so much after being on the job for so long but hopefully his lapse of sound judgement will be just an expensive unpaid vacation.

Sure hope he has a lot of friends in the Union and in the company. I have seen 20+ year employees lose for less. At best he will be given the option to resign. Or he may be given one more chance to screw up. Some people never learn.

Senior driver with 20+years sheets NDA from next town over. Asked about it then lies. Currently on unpaid vacation. I have a feeling they will be going for termination. Nothing prior like that before so I wonder if they will just give the driver a really long unpaid vacation or terminate.

If they terminate, do you think it will stick? Two cardinal sins...I'm thinking it will especially since we have all been warned so much about doing that.
Probably get some unpaid time to think about it

Still can't understand why guys still do this.?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Depends on his attitude, past infractions, and how much management would go to bat for him. Last part is tough as the integrity he might have had with said management is now questioned with his dishonesty.

They usually come after you for that, when they want you for another reason.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
He will probably be back. Going to be one of those same old same old games. Ok we will give you this for this is how the game works a lot. Pretty gay game though but that's how these losers roll. Still dumb as hell to do what he did being there that long. Should have just called in and told them he was going to have a late air. Alate air is a slap on the wrist if you tell them before hand but to do it suspiciously aint good and he should already know that. Hope he pulls it out and learns from that big mistake.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.

can't fire him on there technology alone......
Did someone SEE him do this or are they relying of the technology of telematics to punish him? Because that's not allowed.
bingo. Said employee can not be terminated on technology alone..........that said, insane an employe with this years of service would have the knowledge that they have technology to know he was dishonest. He will get his job back. No back pay.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
can't fire him on there technology alone......

bingo. Said employee can not be terminated on technology alone..........that said, insane an employe with this years of service would have the knowledge that they have technology to know he was dishonest. He will get his job back. No back pay.
Incorrect. UPS sees this as dishonesty.

Article 6 of the National Master

8. No employee shall be discharged on a first offense if such dis- charge is based solely upon information received from GPS or any successor system unless he/she engages in dishonesty (defined for the purposes of this paragraph as any act or omission by an employee where he/she intends to defraud the Company). The degree of discipline dealing with off-area offenses shall not be changed because of the use of GPS.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Did he/she intend to defraud the company by doing this?
Yes. By scanning package across town, he is telling UPS, the shipper and the consignee that the package was delivered on time. This is fraud.

If he was to take this defense at the panel, not defrauding the company, he will lose.

His defense needs to be that he had a momentary lack of judgement. That he really did not know why he did this. Hope he has a clean record and assure UPS that it will never happen again.

As a side note, why do drivers keep doing this? They do not even have to look for this. There is a report printed everyday with this info, when it happens.

It may take someone losing their job before people wake up and knock this off. This is one of the hotest corporate issues right now.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Did he/she intend to defraud the company by doing this?
Here is the legal definition of defraud. I would say he defrauded the company. So would the state panel, if it gets that far.

Defraud

To make a Misrepresentation of an existing material fact, knowing it to be false or making it recklessly without regard to whether it is true or false, intending for someone to rely on the misrepresentation and under circumstances in which such person does rely on it to his or her damage. To practice Fraud;to cheat or trick. To deprive a person of property or any interest, estate, or right by fraud, deceit, or artifice.

Intent to defraud means an intention to deceive another person, and to induce such other person, in reliance upon such deception, to assume, create, transfer, alter, or terminate a right, obligation, or power with reference to property.

brownhorn

I just always thought that to defraud meant to financially benefit from a dishonest act. Semantics I guess. It was dumb, for sure. With the way we are micromanaged, the days of cutting corners like that are over.

jaker

trolling
Or maybe a sup gave him a pkg to scan because it was late already and needed to have a physical scan

And then the sup forgot or denied ever doing it, sounds familiar