Do you think this site is addictive???

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
It's good to know that the crazy crap that goes on in my hub isn't just in my hub. Some of the best days I've had are the ones where you get entertained by the crap you just couldn't make up if you tried.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Great site, a lot of information to dive into which is relative to the work we all do, see and experience on a daily basis. I feel as if each person here could be working at my HUB / center, hence by fellow brothers and sisters. I've been given such good ideas and suggestions from this site that worked extremely well, and on the way to learning even more.

Addictive, sure why not. I love checking in everyday to view new threads, seeing if I can help in anyway or seeing new things ( for me ) pop up. In fact, when I first turn my computer on in the morning, this is the first site I go to, always. So I guess I'm addicted in some way. Cant wait to see whats new here at the Brown Cafe!

curiousbrain

Great site, a lot of information to dive into which is relative to the work we all do, see and experience on a daily basis. I feel as if each person here could be working at my HUB / center, hence by fellow brothers and sisters. I've been given such good ideas and suggestions from this site that worked extremely well, and on the way to learning even more.

Addictive, sure why not. I love checking in everyday to view new threads, seeing if I can help in anyway or seeing new things ( for me ) pop up. In fact, when I first turn my computer on in the morning, this is the first site I go to, always. So I guess I'm addicted in some way. Cant wait to see whats new here at the Brown Cafe!

I pretty much agree with this. To add to it, I would make a personal point.

This site, and the information/people on it, have helped me in a short time to become (I think) very good at what I do, without having to learn by trial and error; to use a metaphor, this site is the light in the hallway - without it, I'd have to just feel my way around. Also, I am trying to move into management at some point, and along with what I see on a daily basis at the facility where I am employed, this site exposes me to points of view that I would otherwise not be privy to - I not just learn what to do, but what not to do.

Sometimes, when things get really bad at work and I look around and see nothing but cardboard, I think to myself "How many others on BC are having this same day, or worse?" - not just BC, but those who work next to me, as well. It's a sort of shared misery that helps to keep things in perspective.

For better or worse: my name is brownbaggin, and I'm addicted to BrownCafe.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
I pretty much agree with this. To add to it, I would make a personal point.

This site, and the information/people on it, have helped me in a short time to become (I think) very good at what I do, without having to learn by trial and error; to use a metaphor, this site is the light in the hallway - without it, I'd have to just feel my way around. Also, I am trying to move into management at some point, and along with what I see on a daily basis at the facility where I am employed, this site exposes me to points of view that I would otherwise not be privy to - I not just learn what to do, but what not to do.

Sometimes, when things get really bad at work and I look around and see nothing but cardboard, I think to myself "How many others on BC are having this same day, or worse?" - not just BC, but those who work next to me, as well. It's a sort of shared misery that helps to keep things in perspective.

For better or worse: my name is brownbaggin, and I'm addicted to BrownCafe.

feel yea man/ sister.. How many days go by and no one thinks they got it better or worse then the next. How many of us feel the connection here, because I certainly the hell do so ten times fold. I hear you all, I share the same. Please, keep on posting about it! We all feel the pain, this place is a point of release, let it go. Typing your fustration is practice of stress relief. Remind yourself the pay, benefits and the feel of community is worth it all. That economy is nothing without us, our choices and actions. I applaud all of you for giving me and the rest of us another place to call home.

Last edited:

rod

Retired 22 years
People are going to whine and complain no matter what. UPSers did 30 years ago ... they just did it in the locker room. It's human nature.

I totally agree with that. Thirty years ago I was still a rookie at UPS and did my share of complaining. I will say that back then you felt more like your center was the only one being picked on because you very seldom had contact with another center. I remember management always telling us that we were "the worst center in the state". Then I ran into a driver from another center and he said that they had told him that his center was the worst. I remember the little lightbulb going off in my head when I realized "damn- they tell every center that". It don't take long now days with the internet for a new employee to get up to speed with how the company treats most all employees. (except for the chosen few)