Do you use a radio in your Package Car?

Tim.

Package Placement Expert
If you have / use a radio in your package car, what kind do you have? Anyone have one that picks up REALLY good AM reception?

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I have 2. One is a Ryobi which can tuck behind the dash, and is loud enough to hear while driving, and has an Ipod hookup.

I also bought a "jobsite" style Ryobi for when I'm running mall routes, I hook my Ipod up to that and it fills the dock with whatever I want to hear, and it sounds pretty dang good, but that one's AM reception leaves something to be desired

chevyman05

Ryobi

Get the Ryobi with the 18V rechargeable battery. They have them at Home Depot.Its loud with great reception. I listen to AM all day. Sometimes I listen to Pandora radio from my from on it too.Small too unlike those bulky dewalts.Fits great in the truck. U can always bungee it to the tv monitor so its out of the way if your in an old 1000

S

speeddemon

I built my own little box. It has 2 5.25 speakers. Pioneer reciever. Its powered by a 12v home security system battery. It rocks all day.

yeldarb

That what I have.......only we are not allowed radios in our cabs. They have to be in the cargo area but nobody bothers with that. Can't hear them.

From what I understand, there was a national grievance on radios in cabs, and I was told by our steward that we won, and can have a radio in our cab. It just cant be powered by the PC, and obviously cannot obstruct our view or be in the way.

I use my iPhone to stream music from pandora & iheart radio through my Bluetooth. Never miss a call & it's hands free safe. Plus nobody has to listen to what I'm listening to.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Sirius SubX1 in my package car. Lots of boom.

That what I have.......only we are not allowed radios in our cabs. They have to be in the cargo area but nobody bothers with that. Can't hear them.

I have mine secured to the little shelf above the DIAD holder with bungee cords. I'm pretty sure even at high impact that it would not shift. We've never had an issue with them being in the cab as long as they are not a distraction and/or in the way.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
New pkg cars should come equipted with a radio if the Empire was smart !! Wonld save time from guys tying them down and using UPS time to change batteries and re strap them every day!! The new tractors from Mack now come with the radios in them !!

GolfCart

When I get out , my customers start singing what's on my radio !! Once in 20 Yrs I was told to please turn it down by a customer

upsman68

I have the Milwaukee radio strapped to the dash with bungee cords. I stream XM radio through my iPhone so I have a great selection to listen to. They tried to tell us not they could not be in the cab. So I just hook up after I leave the building. I had a discussion with the district safety guy. He said we could not have them in the cab. I told him the contract said we could. I showed hime the article in the contract and he said transistor radios. Your radio is not a transistor radio. I asked him to describe what kind of radio that would be. He said a small one. I just smiled and left.

"But I know I can't live without my radio
I'm the leader of the show, keepin' you on the go
And I know I can't live without my radio"

LL Cool J

I use the milwaukee 2590. I'm a cover driver so I'm always in a different truck but it straps down safely just about anywhere. I usually put it above the diad holder or strapped down using the vents on the dash on some of the workhorse trucks.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
From what I understand, there was a national grievance on radios in cabs, and I was told by our steward that we won, and can have a radio in our cab. It just cant be powered by the PC, and obviously cannot obstruct our view or be in the way.

That's cool.....I will check on that. I miss my tunes.