Dock

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I have a pain in the butt bulk stop at a dock where there has always been a problem with random cars and trucks blocking the dock. When I showed up yesterday it was pretty cool to see this in front of an empty dock :)

Attachments

• 1473424303459.jpg
    1473424303459.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 230

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I have a pain in the butt bulk stop at a dock where there has always been a problem with random cars and trucks blocking the dock. When I showed up yesterday it was pretty cool to see this in front of an empty dock :)
Lol on of our drivers was delivering to a construction site with the trailers for offices. Always getting lots of stuff and I guess guys always parked right in front of the ramp.

He asked them to move they said sorry. Their stuff got dumped behind all of their vehicles. He said the next day there wasn't a truck within 50 ft of the ramp. Lol

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Lol on of our drivers was delivering to a construction site with the trailers for offices. Always getting lots of stuff and I guess guys always parked right in front of the ramp.

He asked them to move they said sorry. Their stuff got dumped behind all of their vehicles. He said the next day there wasn't a truck within 50 ft of the ramp. Lol
Awesome

Dr.Brownz

I've used that trick on more than a few people. Or block them in and then proceed to sort entire truck when they ask to move say you'll just be a minute.

rod

Retired 22 years

Treat that customer well. They deserve it. I would always go out of my way to help those who helped me.

KOG72

I’m full of it
I'd ride right pass them and come back later if it was blocked.If they were use too a early delivery and I showed up later with their stuff they would be like where you been,sorry you're dock was blocked.So up right before 5:00 that would fix the problem also.

rod

Retired 22 years
There is an unwritten hierarchy order when it comes to loading docks:

UPS
Express
Ground
Post Office
DHL
YRC
ConWay
Anyone else

Maybe in the BOG but not in the real world. First come first served (as it should be) unless the customer goes out of their way to make an exception BUT that is up to them. Wait your turn---you're getting paid by the hour.

StoptheAct1212

Some people get it.... but if i have to wait longer than 1 minute. I go grab a pallet , stack it nicely.... and tell them, everything is on a pallet out on the street or yard... sorry i dont wait...

trickpony1

Try doing that at Walmart or Target and see just how quickly you will be told to go back there and complete the delivery.

Sit around waiting for a dock to open ".....and just see how quickly you......."are called into the office the next day wanting to know why you took so long.

So which is it?

I'm seeing conflicting instructions.

.....and, yes, I was a PC driver at one time.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Sit around waiting for a dock to open ".....and just see how quickly you......."are called into the office the next day wanting to know why you took so long.

So which is it?

I'm seeing conflicting instructions.

.....and, yes, I was a PC driver at one time.

Deliver adjacent stops?

I know for a fact that if I tried to stack Walmart's delivery on a pallet in the parking lot Theresa would call my boss and my butt would be back there so quick my head would spin.