Dockworker

ptgard20

Hello I'm new to the site, but have been reading as much as I can. I'm trying to get hired right now. I had a tour and then interview for an airport site and turned it down since they told me I couldn't advance to a driver there and that there were limited opportunities for advancement at that location (smaller airport). HR told me they would be conducting interviews in three weeks for another position at the hub. I have a pending application in at that location for a dockworker and think that might be what she was talking about. I just wanted to know what a dockworker does and if I can still advance to a driver from that position. Thanks for any help and advice in advance.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
Dock worker would be loading or unloading trailers. And yes you can be eligible to advance to package car after several months. You must be 21 as well. Depending on how many people are ahead of you in seniority is how long it will take. It took me 4 years to be high enough in seniority to become a driver.

av8torntn

Dock worker would be loading or unloading trailers. And yes you can be eligible to advance to package car after several months. You must be 21 as well. Depending on how many people are ahead of you in seniority is how long it will take. It took me 4 years to be high enough in seniority to become a driver.

That's not bad it took me six years in Memphis to get enough seniority for a driving job.