doctors notes/option days

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by damagedbrown, Jan 12, 2012.

1. damagedbrown

damagedbrown New Member

I have a small issue, i have a small injury that required me to be out of work for two days, i had a doctors note that required those days off, now my issue is that my manager took two of my option days from me, is this right? can he do this even though i had a doctors note, i only get so many days off paid and i sure didnt want to use them on that, i thank those who reply.

2. cachsux

cachsux Wah

No it is not. If you requested as such he could do that but not on his own.

3. damagedbrown

damagedbrown New Member

should i report this to my shop steward and get my days back somehow??

4. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

If you want the days back, yes.

5. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

If you have days on the books they should be used before you are allowed to take "dead days".

6. damagedbrown

damagedbrown New Member

ok but i have been paid for these days i just got my check today and seen what happend, will this be an issue

7. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

If you have a drs note, they aren't 'dead days'. They are injured, and you should have the choice to be paid or not. If you received the pay, you'd have to pay it back.

8. outta hours

outta hours Active Member

Check your regional supplement. In my area the first 7 days you miss are coded as option/paid days. If you call in they will be used. However if time off unpaid is available that's different, and they are not used in that instance.

9. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

Your really complaining about what days you want off paid and what days you want off not paid. Think about it???

10. Johney

Johney Raise your hand if you think Upstate is a D-Bag

That's the way it is here. As long as it's not comp, you will lose those days.

11. Goochy

Goochy Member

My boss said " If you need off , you use your 7 sick days or you should be off on vacation . " You can NOT get off any more at my hub . They do this every new year, lay off the cover drivers and force us full timers to work every day . I went home 2 times so far this year , reported to work they had extras , I went home ( no pay ) , now they are saying that will NEVER happen again ?? They are crazy ! they are going to be short handed all year if they try this . As always I HATE MY JOB !

12. tourists24

tourists24 Well-Known Member

Not contractually. That is the workers choice.... At least around here it is.... check the supplement

13. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

We had a Supe try to pull this with us a year ago. We have guys that take dead days all year and then in November they suddenly have personal days to use up. I took a day 2 weeks ago unpaid even though I have 1 optional day and 5 single vacation days to use.

14. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

You never cease to amaze.

15. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

Nothing in the supplement in the ol' Bubble of Goodness.

16. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

Does the Bubble of Goodness have its own contract and supplement? Is it in a book covered with rose petals? Does management and hourly then dance together barefoot thru the rose petals?

17. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

I have no idea, as the bubble is only over Plattsburgh. The other shops in our local have no rose petals falling from the sky and golden rays of sunshine dancing with oodles of goodness cupcakes.

18. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

Oh, I know you're not in it. I just thought maybe you could see the golden rainbow that begins and ends in the Bubble.

19. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

Oh, God no. I've even gone up to Potsdam for meetings and can't see it. But, it has to exist. It just has to.