Documenting delays

menotyou

bella amicizia
I would agree only if the on-car or whomever is conducting the 3 day strictly observe and not assist in any way, shape or form.

Don't know if I will get this chance any other time this morning, so I am sorry for going Off Topic. I wish your daughter the very best today, Dave. I hope they have a long a happy life. And gobs of grandkids!!!:happy-very:
Congratulations, on having such a fine daughter.
Trish

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Don't know if I will get this chance any other time this morning, so I am sorry for going Off Topic. I wish your daughter the very best today, Dave. I hope they have a long a happy life. And gobs of grandkids!!!:happy-very:
Congratulations, on having such a fine daughter.
Trish

The bridal party just left to go get their hair done. My son is still asleep but we have to leave in about an hour or so to go to his parents' house. I have several errands to run when I get there before we head to the church for 1pm. The ceremony starts at 2pm and the reception at 3:30pm or whenever we are done taking pictures. One of my presents to her was shaving this morning--I had my "vacation beard" going but one of the first "looks" I got from the ex was to have it gone by this morning.

Over, you will be going through this soon enough. Good luck and be patient.

Thanks for your kind words. Dave.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
A favorite trick in my center is have the DPS Plan during the Three Day OJS have a very low Max, but afterwards the Max for the DPS Plan is resumed to it's Average Daily Figure ( if not higher) . This way a driver can run the same area,with an equal number of stops and 'look better' timewise during the OJS than he can when he is alone. This is also the way stop counts are increased ,area is increased yet the Paid Day dosen't gain time.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
...and that is most certainly your choice. I also do not call pickups as that is not the level of service that they are paying for. I do several address corrections a week thanks to my cell phone.

If I were a clerk in your center I would grieve that!! Have you heard about all the clerks that have lost jobs lately?

grgrcr88

Back on topic... I print out my manifest of my stops every morning. Since it has every delivery I have I make notes on that for ant delays or abnormalities throughout the day. I keep them all for about a month in a folder.

We were informed if we took those copies of the manifest it would be considered stealing UPS property!!

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
We were informed if we took those copies of the manifest it would be considered stealing UPS property!!

You could always break by a Fedex Kinkos on ur route and make a copy.

Their power grab of late is inane and demonstrates a level of immaturity, as far as I can see, that is unrivaled in the corporate world. I plan to continue doing my job in the same professional manner I always have, but it's amusing to think about responding in kind. If you're gonna treat me like an idiot and a criminal perhaps I should act as such...

grgrcr88

If you keep the folder in your locker on UPS property then it was not stolen.

We were told we are never allowed to touch a UPS computer without management aproval. I ask my center manager everyday if I have aproval to touch the DIAD!!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Would you agree that when the load is NOT "massaged", a three day ride is a valid and fair way to document performance expectations?

Theoretically yes...but only as long as the following conditions are met;

The days in question all have the same number of identical packages, for the same stops, and the driver is able to park in the same position for every stop on each day of the ride. Traffic conditions must be identical and weather conditions must be identical.

In other words....no.