Does anybody like their job?

sano

Is there anybody working for UPS that likes their job?
I am not saying this to stir the pot, I am worried.
I chose this career (still waiting my turn to drive) but now it bothers me that it seams like everyone hates their job.
I understand that some come here to complain and even in a job you love there are days that a bit of complaining is in order.
Is there anybody that the whole package works for, that gets along with management, that doesn't have a underlying resentment of the company eating them up?

Is there anybody that would recommend the job to their son or daughter?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I like my job.
I like my customers, I like my pay, and I like my benefits.
In fact right now I like my both my on car and my center manager, which hasn't always been the case.

I like my time off a lot more though :happy2:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I usually like my job, just hate whats being done to it, I usually like my mgmt. Its a cyclical thing. They come they go, its good its bad. Im sure Im not stellar everyday myself, but its the changes to the job that have everyone in a tizzy. I think most of us, love the job, the pay, the customers, the workout, the challenge. We dont even so much hate the hours when the next day you dont get treated like a dog. We just dont like the crap from time to time.

chopstic

I chose this career (still waiting my turn to drive) but now it bothers me that it seams like everyone hates their job.
I understand that some come here to complain and even in a job you love there are days that a bit of complaining is in order.
Is there anybody that the whole package works for, that gets along with management, that doesn't have a underlying resentment of the company eating them up?

Sure... I have little to no problems with management. My job is not a difficult one though. I am a part-time revenue auditor and I drive early air delivery in the morning. I get along with management great, but if you are asking me if i like my job.... then NO. I do not wake up in the morning looking forward to working a shift at UPS. I do not derive any real enjoyment from the work I do.

metrophillyslub

I like the job but hate what it did to my body! First 10 years were fun and kind of exciting but when the body starts to break down the misery of the job begins.

MD Dan

I agree with Tooner--- It's a good job in an imperfect world. The work itself can be very satisfying and enjoyable; the customers, being outdoors on a beautiful day, the exercise!! etc, etc. It's just that sometimes it seems that mgmt goes out of their way to make a hash out of it. But it really is a good job. And we get payed, too!!!

whiskey

Bar none, package car is the best job at UPS. The contacts you meet in the business environment are extraordinary. It does have its drawbacks. The long hours away from your wife and children are very hard on your family. And some of the discord that arises with management is disheartening. But the positives far outweigh the negatives.

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
ENORMOUS eye opener for me - over time, I've learned that almost all of the people like (or don't mind) the actual work, and, thus far, 100% do not like the job. Without exception. Neighbor of mine is also a driver - when I moved here & found out, asked him what he thought of it (he has over 20 years of his sentence served) he looked at me and said "I friend%^&ing hate it" This is when I first started & needed encouragement. He suggested I run while there was still time.

badpal.

avoiding brown kool-aid
I do like my job in theory as well as my customers, my pay and my benefits. The worst part of the job seems to be when your in the center in the morning with the "reports," the dispatch screen (and the surprise stop count you get daily) and the cyclical management team/person from hell. Right now our management team is reasonable with the exception of our dispatch sup who plays favorites and doesn't seem quite clear on how to read a map when he gets to creating a route or adding a split. I try hard not to take the job home with me and most days it works. I just take it one day at a time, one stop at a time. Tomorrow, although not promised, is a always new day.

fethrs

I like my job, love and hate the hours, same for mgt, some I can do without, some are great managers. What I don't like about my job is the the chit chatters who can't be quiet for more than 5 minutes and some of the favoritism I see. No big issues really, I'm just very thankful I'm not laid off. :peaceful:

beatupbrown

I have to think must drivers do not like there job been there my self.It is all about money that is it.Just take a minute and watch a driver on the street they look bummed out, talk to one .
I know some do like ther job but my guess must do not ,but the money keeps them showing up and bitching.