Does anyone else dream of a day when UPS will be a better place to work?

I don't get the money aspect.What's wrong with an 8 1/2 hr planned day?
Forget the raises,hire more drivers.
That will never ever happen. It costs $79 bucks a day to keep a package car on the road. More package cars = more loaders and carwashers. More (dead time) PCMs, driving to and from the routes. Paid breaks.Another set of uniforms.More paid vacations , sickdays and option days. More money for healthcare and pensions.Its much cheaper to pound us and pay us overtime!

gdptks

I'm speaking for all hourly employees. Doesd management have the right to change yourtime without discussing anything with you? Who gives these people the power to change your timecard. Fellow drivers, start checking your hours weekly after ea Monday to ck for any changesl. Monay is the day they send all paychecks in for their employees.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I'm speaking for all hourly employees. Doesd management have the right to change yourtime without discussing anything with you? Who gives these people the power to change your timecard. Fellow drivers, start checking your hours weekly after ea Monday to ck for any changesl. Monay is the day they send all paychecks in for their employees.
Maybe you didn't read your paycheck correctly, kinda like how I read your post, it's hard to comprehend.

Returntosender

Dream UPS gets better? Only gets better when auditors are around. Once they leave, back to the horrors. Better to embrace the horror and live with it. Then constantly fight it.

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
I tried being a pimp but them bitchez kept holding back. Neighborhood and working condition wasn't that great either.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
It cost a hell of a lot more to put a P/C on the road for a day than $ 79 .00 !!!! Where did you ever come up with this number is beyond me !!!

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
There are people that truly enjoy working for UPS and those that are miserable. Might say more about the individual than the place of employment. I think the majority fit somewhere in the middle.

UPS Preloader

That will never ever happen. It costs $79 bucks a day to keep a package car on the road. More package cars = more loaders and carwashers. More (dead time) PCMs, driving to and from the routes. Paid breaks.Another set of uniforms.More paid vacations , sickdays and option days. More money for healthcare and pensions.Its much cheaper to pound us and pay us overtime!

It's cheaper for UPS to pay OT than it is for them to pay H&W. Until UPS is required to pay H&W for all hours worked this issue will not go away. IMHO

Inthegame

But I dream of a UPS where a long day is 9 hours, not 12 hours. Hell, I've only been driving for 6 years. Back then going over 10 was a big deal. In my center, I'm constantly hearing about over 11 and over 12. Maybe the next contract needs to have new language regarding OT pay. It seems to me that this is bottom on the union's list of priorities because like I said nowadays the norm is not enough hours at most jobs.

I propose this new scale.

...over 10 double time + 20 minute bonus

...over 11 triple time + 20 minute bonus

...over 12 triple time + 20 minute bonus

Then maybe they'll think twice about abusing us day after day after day with ridiculous amounts of work.

Proposal meetings were last summer. Excess hours were not on the bottom of the priority list and have been addressed. It appears your "solution" doesn't alleviate excess hours but rather trades the issue for more pay.
Remember UPS has lots of money, but you only have so much time.

Buck Fifty

Does UPS really think this style of management is sustainable? I mean yea... sure, drivers never quit. They pay us just enough to keep us from walking away from a bad day and never coming back. I know its happened but in comparison to most jobs, probably not that often. Some people think we're crazy for complaining about too many hours especially in this economy.

But I dream of a UPS where a long day is 9 hours, not 12 hours. Hell, I've only been driving for 6 years. Back then going over 10 was a big deal. In my center, I'm constantly hearing about over 11 and over 12. Maybe the next contract needs to have new language regarding OT pay. It seems to me that this is bottom on the union's list of priorities because like I said nowadays the norm is not enough hours at most jobs.

I propose this new scale.

...over 10 double time + 20 minute bonus

...over 11 triple time + 20 minute bonus

...over 12 triple time + 20 minute bonus

Then maybe they'll think twice about abusing us day after day after day with ridiculous amounts of work.

Any dream you have about UPS is just a nightmare disguised as a dream. Piss on UPS dreams (also known as a wet dream !)

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
the job sucked then,job sucks now, and the job sucks in the end. i tell people this job is like a prison sentence. once you serve your time and its retirement time, your a free man with nothing to worry about. freedom and a fatt :censored2: check in the mail once a month. just take the job one day at a time, do everything by the book and try to finish the race in one piece. WORD MY UNION BROTHERENS LOL.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
the job sucked then,job sucks now, and the job sucks in the end. i tell people this job is like a prison sentence. once you serve your time and its retirement time, your a free man with nothing to worry about. freedom and a fatt :censored2: check in the mail once a month. just take the job one day at a time, do everything by the book and try to finish the race in one piece. WORD MY UNION BROTHERENS LOL.

Whew there for a second I though cap lock didn't work on your computer. Lol jk

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
And now we're out of danger
Guess they'll sound all clear
Throw some pennies in the fountain

And wish ............for a better year
For a better year