does anyone feel the same way i do????

overupsfreight

UPS SLAVE
let me start by saying how in the hell are we still a company.. my god i am so sick of reading all this bs awards
Best Places to Work for 2008 -Human Rights Campaign
real funny what are the choices either ups or being a inmate inside prison working
50 Best Places to Launch a Career -BusinessWeek
ya i guess if You think a career is woRrying about loosing your job daily
50 Best Companies for Minorities -FORTUNE
sure lol thats why a previous employee has a federal law suit against ups freight for discrimination
Corporate 100 for Providing the Most Opportunities for Hispanics -Hispanic
if opportunity means going from dock to a driver then yes
America’s Most Admired: Top 10 Most Socially Responsible Companies
-FORTUNE
responsible for what every thing the employee does is their fault ups doesnt take responsibility for anything claims damages harrasment discrimination
I MEAN DOES ANYONE ELSE GET PISSED WHEN THEY READ THIS I HATE GOING TO WORK EVERY DAY THE ATTITUDE IS SO NEGATIVE THE SUPERVISORS GET A HARD ON FOR MAKING EVERYONES LIFE MISERABLE
THESE DISPATCHERS ARE IDIOTS THE PEOPLE IN THE OFFICE ALL HAVE BAD ATTITUDES IF THE GENERAL PUBLIC ONLY NEW HOW UPS TREATS PEOPLE WE WOULD ALL BE OUT OF JOBS THEY PUSH U SO MUCH TO THE POINT WHERE YOUR PISSED OFF DAILY IM TIRED OF DELIVERING FREIGHT THATS TRASHED IM TIRED OF GOING IN RESIDENTIAL AREAS WITH A 48 FOOT TRAILER 13 FOOT6 AND IF I HIT SOMETHING ITS MY FAULT I DELIVERED A 28LB BOX TO A WOMEN AT HER HOUSE WHT THE HELL COULDNT UPS GROUND DELIVER THAT ? WHY CANT WE HAVE THE OLD EQUIPMENT UPS DESTROYS EVERY TERMINAL SHOULD HAVE A PACKAGE CAR PAINTED FREIGHT TO DELIVER THE STUPID LIL CRAP UPS DONT WANT TO DELIVER WHY IN THE HELL AM I DRIVING A TRACTOR TRAILER IN A RESIDENTIAL TO DELIVER A LAMP? OR MATRESS? ANYWAY WE ARE A FREIGHT COMPANY NOT A DANG HOME DELIVERY SERVICE AND UPS GROUND COMPLAIN ABOUT LIFTING A 60LB BOX I HAD TO MOVE A 250 LB TABLE BY MYSELF NO LIFTGATE . A UPS GROUND GUY WAS PISSED BECAUSE HE HAD TO DO A RESIDENTIAL IN SMALL BOX TRUCK BOO HOO IF I HAD A BOX TRUCK ID BE SMILING FROM EAR TO EAR UPS GROUND THINK OF ALL THE TIGHT SPOTS U GO TO...... JUST THINK WE GO THEIR ALSO...WOW NOW I REALLY KNOW HOW IT FEELS TO BE PART OF THE UPS FAMILY WE ARE ALL IN THE SAME BOAT WE ARE ALL UPSERS........
[-][/-]

buni g

i really don t wanna say it, but yes i understand what you are talking about. i used to like my job(i still do, just don't necessarily like the people i work with) i would come to work smiling for the most part, but now its difficult to keep a positive attitude i more or less dread it. i still like my customers and treat them as i always have(good) and vise versa but its certainly not as it used to be. numbers shoved down our throat, we're watching you (diad), we're following you, whatever i got nothing to hide. OPT blah blah blah. maybe if you had my trlr loaded and closed.... when i got to work i might make it out of the yard in 30 min, not the 15 min they think we should and thats if everything is closed and ready to go. but at my terminal don't hold your breath for that YOU WILL DIE.

resi's in a 48 is nothing new, for me anyway, yep its a gamble specially when you end up havin to do them in the dark on unfamiliar streets and don t hit that branch unless you want an accident on your record, but someone, at a desk sitting in a well lit ofc wants to question you, i don't care, if i don't feel comfortable with it i won't do it, and i don't care if so and so did it before, good for them,is my safety record and job on the line not theirs, its all about safety until it messes with their numbers. and the contract WOW it can be interpreted however it fits to managements desires(i am told it will get better it is after all our first one).

i just wanna come to work do my job and go home, it would be easier if i could only believe myself when i say I DON'T CARE problem is i do care and maybe thats where i am going wrong. times are hard and i am thankful i have a good job, i will forge on and continue to do the best i can do, and do it with a smile(for the customers sake) and in time it will get better or i'll just go numb and it won't bother me. no matter how hard it is it could be a lot worse.

NikDiesel

Inmate #STO142-034
Freight is Freight... If You don't like Your Job, the work that We do (house deliveries aren't going away!), the people that You work with... then go away! We don't need You!

Effective: April 6th. 2008 - those of Us that do care about < all > Our futures, decided that all We are going to concern Ourselves with, is: Protecting Our Seniority and Preserving the Work (all the Work) that We perform!

Nothing else matters!

Just do the best that You can...

As safe as You can!

And everything else will fall into place!