Does anyone know this driver?

Jim Kemp

Day 1; Hey man, " could you drop off an air for me, you are going past it.
"Sure I will do that for you".

Day 2; "Hey man I have another air for the same place". "Yes I'll take it". he says "could you also take his ground"? "OK sure I will".

Day 3; "Hey man will you................."? "yes I will".
"Can you also take one right next door"? "sure I will".

Day 4; You go to your car and have a pile of pkgs stacked up. didn't even ask that day. Just put it in the car.

Day 5; YOU ask him "can you catch an air for me"? "Sorry man My son has a baseball game tonight and I can't miss it".

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Day 2; "Hey man I have another air for the same place". "Yes I'll take it". he says "could you also take his ground"? "OK sure I will".

That would have been me when I drove. I always took splits and drop-offs on the way.
I averaged 54 hours per week as a driver ... took a cut in pay to go into management.

I was always about the money.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Cover driver that has been laid off all week asks me if I can run an air for him when he actually got to drive. The air was for a business that I deliver bulk to, out of my tp60. Cover driver says, come on man, you go there anyway. I tell him no, that he gets paid by the hour and he should get paid for all of his hours. He sucks his teeth at what I say and walks away. I leave the building and deliver to my first bulk stop, which happens to be the stop for the cover drivers nda. I tell the receiver to make sure to tell the driver with the air that I've already delivered the ground.

I later see the same cover driver, driving down the highway with his bulkhead door opened.:knockedout:

NHDRVR

Day 4; You go to your car and have a pile of pkgs stacked up. didn't even ask that day. Just put it in the car.

Day 5; YOU ask him "can you catch an air for me"? "Sorry man My son has a baseball game tonight and I can't miss it".

Ah, Yes.... The magic bullet that we all face every morning. I am accutely aware of the tendencies of the surrounding drivers and I only take airs from those who reciprocate. It doesn't take long to sniff out those who are simply 'one way'. You know who you are....

Cementups

Box Monkey
the driver next to me is a EAM .driver and sometimes he lleaves the EAM's on my area for me to deliver since the commit time for me for them is 10am. Everyday I have to bring out the work to him that missed his truck when he left early. So now if I have a NDA that is onl his way back to his area I don't hesitate to ask him to take it and run it on his way back to his area.

UPSGUY72

We have drivers in our center that do the same thing. They also never fillup the car they where driving if they know they won't be driving it the nextday.

Well I hope you have learned your lesson if another driver keeps asking you to deliver an air package for them say sure I'll be right back I need you to deliver a regular one for me or how ever may they want to give you. That usually fixes the problem.

iamhuge

Banned
We have drivers in our center that do the same thing. They also never fillup the car they where driving if they know they won't be driving it the nextday.

Well I hope you have learned your lesson if another driver keeps asking you to deliver an air package for them say sure I'll be right back I need you to deliver a regular one for me or how ever may they want to give you. That usually fixes the problem.
I dont do jack for other drivers and i dont ask for their help. Especially now that ups is holding us accountable for every friggin second. If a superviser tells me to help them, i do. And If i need help, I tell the sup.

screamin chicken

I dont do jack for other drivers and i dont ask for their help. Especially now that ups is holding us accountable for every friggin second. If a superviser tells me to help them, i do. And If i need help, I tell the sup.

I hear you there bro, at our center they have a new plan, they disbatch us where we do not go over 9.5, but there disbatch is 10 hrs.

badpal.

avoiding brown kool-aid
I only help the driver next to me in my loop by running air (and sometimes ground if it's a few pieces) since he does the same for me whenever necessary since we zigzag across each other everyday

The business has been tracking which driver makes what delivery. When they start slapping wrists, imagine this will be brought up too.

TheDick

Ah the lazy "cheeser" always asks for help but never can help you no no no. Worked next to two guys like that for 6 years. One never helps but always demands help. the other runs like a jackrabbit and RTB's at 430pm most days-always on Fri. I've been close to dropping my route, but its a good route with good customers, but ****ty drivers all around me! Shoot the fedex driver was more help than my coworkers but those were the heydays of trading FDX air for mine and saving drive time in rurual areas.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
I deliver in a town that is roughly an hour drive time from our center and there are currently 11 of us that deliver here. With that distance from our building and the fact that management doesnt like the miles on thier personal cars, you need to become a self suffecient group of drivers. So you figure out real quick you the TEAM players are and who aint. Its amazing how so many drivers are just takers and not givers. So my attitude on this is that you help the guys that help and and you give the finger to the other ones.

brownrodster

I cover a route where the driver always ditches his air or inconvenient stops in other trucks. Always dumps anything that will keep him over 8.5 hours. And he runs like a maniac. It's the only route I know where I cannot go as fast or faster than the bid driver. In fact, I do absolutely terrible on his route and the sups don't seem to understand why. I leave with whatever they load in the truck and never remove anything.

bigbrownhen

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." I am one to help out when I can, and rarely ask for help myself. I am in a awsome work group right now, we all help each other. All of us have kids and sometimes need off a little early for games and such, we don't have any slugs in our loop.
The slugs reveal themselves pretty quick, they go on my short list and I won't help them at all unless directed to by management.

some1else

Banned
uh; have you guys noticed that if you take 1-2 airs off someone that adds ~5 miles it really pays off? planed-time wise :) thats why i take em and it makes me 'look' like a nice guy

We have a driver in our center that comes in early and sorts his truck and while up there he will cross out his area number off of the pal lable and write another drivers area number on the air packages he doesn't want to deliver and send it down the belt. Since his truck is already sorted and closed out by start time he is able to hop in his truck and be the first out of the bldg every day and he doesn't bother with a pretrip so he flies through the parking lot right to the road. The sups seem to look the other way because he is a run and gun type driver and really helps thier numbers. You may know him as UpstateNYUPSER.

P

pickup

We have a driver in our center that comes in early and sorts his truck and while up there he will cross out his area number off of the pal lable and write another drivers area number on the air packages he doesn't want to deliver and send it down the belt. Since his truck is already sorted and closed out by start time he is able to hop in his truck and be the first out of the bldg every day and he doesn't bother with a pretrip so he flies through the parking lot right to the road. The sups seem to look the other way because he is a run and gun type driver and really helps thier numbers. You may know him as UpstateNYUPSER.

7 posts since he joined in February, 6 of them quoting upstateny's posts and this 7th one with the punchline being upstateny. I tell you, upstate, your fan club just keeps growing

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
LOL, "What'dya" wanna go there for? :wink2:

probellringer

hello...are you people for real----there is at least 1 or 2 people like this in every loop....they dont need the union unless they are in trouble,get to drive with doors open-get overweights put on split truck..get new truck the day it comes into bldg....wont work with the 800 -so they take another drivers truck till theirs comes back---and you expect mgmt to do something? you cant blame them.....if i was boss i would do the same thing----just worry about yourself---dont get upset ----it aint gonna change