Does anyone know when they start hiring for full time delivery drivers?

sx2700

Banned
$80K, excellent benefit package, secure retirement.

Yeah, I consider myself to be lucky.

What is your perspective?

At my real job = $60k, excellent benefit package, more secure retirement, only 40 hours a week, and my body won't be shot when I retire. And to answer your next question, I made some bad financial decisions (met the wrong woman) so now I'm playing catch up. Part time UPS sucks but I have to do something, because I choose not to file bankruptcy, and this works for me.

BTW.....I'm not knocking you or anybody else for making a career out of UPS. I just believe my full time job is a better deal for me, I don't make as much (because I don't get overtime, my hourly rate is just under $30/hr) but I also don't have any stress, and when I am able to quit working part time I will be home at 5 every night. Believe it or not, there is life outside of UPS.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

sx, I do agree that there is life outside UPS and I am glad that things worked out well for you. UPS was not even on my mind when I left the military and tried to use my degree. It just sort of fell in to my lap.

Per capita income for my county as of 2000 was just under $18K with a median family income just under $46K and just over $37K for a household. That is why I am not going anywhere for another 11 years.

The pros and cons of any profession are discussion for another forum. I do not love my job but do enjoy the lifestyle that if affords me with the knowledge that I will enjoy a secure retirement in 11 years.

I do wish you well in your life and do hope that you realize that, for some of us, UPS is not a bad gig.