Does anyone know?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by nocturnalbuck, Dec 13, 2009.

1. nocturnalbuck

nocturnalbuck Member

1. what is the route time formula? What are the factors involved? I know the obvious ones. but how are they weighted?

2. does anyone know or get access to a link containing a map with all our centers acrosse the country?

2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

1. what is the route time formula? What are the factors involved? I know the obvious ones. but how are they weighted?

I think it would be easier to find out the formula for Coca-Cola than it would be to find out the route formula.

2. does anyone know or get access to a link containing a map with all our centers acrosse the country?

Wikipedia has a list of all of the centers in the US but I do not know if a map exists that will show this.

3. Highwayman

Highwayman Member

They use Brown VOO DOO!:surprised:

4. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

1.Go as fast as humanly possible.

2. Get hauled in the office for not being fast enough

5. BLACKBOX

BLACKBOX Life is a Highway...

Ask Yoshii.

6. rorojo

rorojo Member

UPS won't share how the formula works. That is why the Teamsters do not recognize over allowed and does not like the bonus system.

7. soberups

soberups Pees in the brown Koolaid

There is a room with 274 monkeys in it. Each monkey has 7 pairs of dice, a thermometer, an abacus, and a plastic bag full of its own feces to throw. The output of these monkeys is combined with an algorythm derived from the square root of the thickness of Scott Davis's toenail clippings. The rest of the formula is confidential and if I told you I would have to kill you.

8. Big Babooba

Big Babooba Well-Known Member

May I ask, pray tell, how does the thermometer come into play?

9. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

Bend over, I will show you. :surprised::wink2:

Last edited: Dec 13, 2009
  10. trplnkl

trplnkl 555

If ya have the address, Google Earth will even show ya picture of the center.

11. reydluap

reydluap Active Member

There's funny stuff being typed in this thead. ........."Bend over, I will show you."

Now that's funny!!!!!!!!!!!

12. rod

rod retired and happy

They use a sliding scale type of formula------the faster you go- the more you get. There is no accual "top" of the scale. If you are within reaching distance of it- they move it.

13. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

14. No such person

No such person Southern Ct.

They put a 23 year old who skips lunch and doesn't wear his seat belt on the route for a week, then add ten stops to his numbers, and that's the baseline.

15. soberups

soberups Pees in the brown Koolaid

Incorrect.

They add thirty.

16. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

Some IE guy or girl who has never done this job in the winter, spring, summer,or fall decides how long it should take.

17. trplnkl

trplnkl 555

Sober's response in post #7 gets my vote for best answer.

18. lastoasis

lastoasis Member

It's really quite simple.....You are expected to finish shortly after you start