Does anyone package their stuff more poorly than.....

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Scoot, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Scoot

Scoot Member

...Northern Tool & Equipment? I swear every package I get from this place is falling apart. Anyone else notice the same?

2. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

That is because they put 50 lbs of crap in a 20lb box.

Avon use to be terriable but they are starting to use real boxes now.

3. soberups

soberups Pees in the brown Koolaid

Office Depot and Staples are the worst; they will ship 50 lb boxes of copy paper and the top of the box is held on with nothing but a strap. No tape at all. Same deal with Avon.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. Richard Harrow

Richard Harrow Deplorable.

It's not uncommon to see sharp metal objects sticking out of boxes shipped by Grainger, but yes, Northern does suck.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2010
  5. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

The packing's alright, but I hate how Amazon seems to jam there labels on so hard the barcode is folded inside the seem of the box.

6. Staples, they just throw 40-50 lbs. of stuff and have no packing so it just rolls around and crushes everything until the box, or tape gives.

7. Jc Penney's will put a couple sweatshirts in a huge box with no space filling????

8. HEFFERNAN

HEFFERNAN Huge Member

I talked to a Staples delivery driver 2 weeks ago. I mentioned that I havn't been delivering much paper unlike 2 years ago. He said they took away the paper account because UPS had damaged so many boxes of paper that they have to deliver it now, but we get most everything else ordered online. He also said they got other paper accounts to deliver as well (one was quill, i forget the other ones). So that is why we don't deliver them anymore.

9. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

It doesn't hurt my feelings at all to see the paper go away. :knockedout: Staples doesn't have alot of room to bitch about us damaging their boxes. It was already mentioned that they only put bands around their boxes. If they would do more to secure their packages there would be less damages. Quill is another one that has lousy boxes.

10. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

11. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

+1 They are terrible. Another one that only uses straps for their boxes.

12. PE Pro

PE Pro Member

UPS Sups, when they do rewraps.:surprised:

13. PassYouBy

PassYouBy Unknown Acrobat

I didn't know Grainger boxes looked like this!!!!

ww_grainger.jpg
    ww_grainger.jpg

14. Usually I am not happy to lose volume, but heck I hated those 50 lb paper boxes, that just wanted to fall apart by touching them.

15. Upsdriver88

Upsdriver88 New Member

+1