Does anyone package their stuff more poorly than.....

Scoot

...Northern Tool & Equipment? I swear every package I get from this place is falling apart. Anyone else notice the same?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Office Depot and Staples are the worst; they will ship 50 lb boxes of copy paper and the top of the box is held on with nothing but a strap. No tape at all. Same deal with Avon.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
It's not uncommon to see sharp metal objects sticking out of boxes shipped by Grainger, but yes, Northern does suck.

Last edited:

over9five

Staff member
The packing's alright, but I hate how Amazon seems to jam there labels on so hard the barcode is folded inside the seem of the box.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Office Depot and Staples are the worst; they will ship 50 lb boxes of copy paper and the top of the box is held on with nothing but a strap. No tape at all. Same deal with Avon.

I talked to a Staples delivery driver 2 weeks ago. I mentioned that I havn't been delivering much paper unlike 2 years ago. He said they took away the paper account because UPS had damaged so many boxes of paper that they have to deliver it now, but we get most everything else ordered online. He also said they got other paper accounts to deliver as well (one was quill, i forget the other ones). So that is why we don't deliver them anymore.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
It doesn't hurt my feelings at all to see the paper go away. :knockedout: Staples doesn't have alot of room to bitch about us damaging their boxes. It was already mentioned that they only put bands around their boxes. If they would do more to secure their packages there would be less damages. Quill is another one that has lousy boxes.

PassYouBy

Unknown Acrobat
I didn't know Grainger boxes looked like this!!!!

ww_grainger.jpg
ww_grainger.jpg

Just_another_day_at_work

I talked to a Staples delivery driver 2 weeks ago. I mentioned that I havn't been delivering much paper unlike 2 years ago. He said they took away the paper account because UPS had damaged so many boxes of paper that they have to deliver it now, but we get most everything else ordered online. He also said they got other paper accounts to deliver as well (one was quill, i forget the other ones). So that is why we don't deliver them anymore.
Usually I am not happy to lose volume, but heck I hated those 50 lb paper boxes, that just wanted to fall apart by touching them.