Does anyone purchase the UPS stock at a discount?

brown metal coffin

I believe that you only get the 5% deduction if you do payroll withdrawal and not if you purchase it straight up. With the payroll deduction you get the 5% and it's paying a dividend of 2.60% which is not to bad but if you want to go with aggressive growth and a dividend apple is the way to go for the long term.

Once this temporary crisis in Iraq is over I think the market will start its rebound either next week or week after. Oil and bonds should go back down and other sectors should bounce back.

Sent using BrownCafe App

purplesky

I am thinking of investing about 10,000 in the discounted employee stock option. I figure with the 5% discount I am already making money. I will talk to my financial planner but wanted to hear from my UPS brother and sisters also. Thanks!

Sent using BrownCafe App

Do you have a Roth IRA? The best way to buy AND HOLD UPS stock or any other individual stocks would be in a Roth IRA where YOU WILL AVOID ANY TAXES ON GAINS AND DIVIDENDS IN THE FUTURE. Buy $5500 in 2014 and buy $4500 in 2015.

The market is expensive right now and UPS is overpriced SO GET YOUR CASH ON THE SIDELINES IN A BROKERAGE POSITION READY TO BUY WHEN THE MARKET HAS A BIG CORRECTION.

You really don't need a financial planner if you are wiling to take the time to study and research how to invest your money. FIDELITY has great info on their website and if you are a Fidelity customer they will help you with investment advice.

UPS is a top rated long term DIVIDEND PAYING stock so BUY BUY BUY AND HOLD.