Does anyone remember what the "S" in UPS stands for??

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Than why are we laying off and jamming more work on the trucks? Its obvious that we are growing yet we have less employees and more overtime. When I delivered after dark, I always got a signature, I felt it was too unsafe just to leave a package outside overnight.

Its pretty simple, the allowances have changed and 10 hours of work on a car is now only 8....less time per stop, less time per piece ===less cars. HMMM, I havent seen one sup being laid off(besides the restructuring of the super sups)...the volume is down, you are laying hourly off why do you need the same amount of sups to manage LESS people...just a thought.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Than why are we laying off and jamming more work on the trucks? Its obvious that we are growing yet we have less employees and more overtime. When I delivered after dark, I always got a signature, I felt it was too unsafe just to leave a package outside overnight.

Even if ups was the last company standing they still would lay people off and ride them just as hard. Some say it has been that way since day one but from what I hear Jim Casey was all about being efficient, but DID care what employees thought. Bonus was a way to take on extra work and get paid a little extra in a FAIR amount of time...not to be used as a production tool...not sure when that was fazed in. Companies do need to change with the times but it seems as if everything has changed 180 degrees...including principles of the 4 founding fathers.

Hey company boy, you yourself knows that the union cannot tell the company how to run its business. However when they attempt to discipline someone for not taking a lunch or a shortened lunch the union has to get involved, as we have here. I have a grievance asking that the company enforce the 1 hour lunch during the proper hours, guess what? deadlocked at panel, the company wont agree to it. Eventually an arbitrator will. How come someone so gifted to this company as you are is only still a package car driver?

The union has to get involved with lunch abuse by drivers, along with working off the clock. They must work with the company in disciplining the violators. The union needs to support the company and educate the employees that termination is on the table. It benefits both parties, the company and the union. Other places have eliminated these abuses.

705red

Browncafe Steward
The union has to get involved with lunch abuse by drivers, along with working off the clock. They must work with the company in disciplining the violators. The union needs to support the company and educate the employees that termination is on the table. It benefits both parties, the company and the union. Other places have eliminated these abuses.

Hey Brother, you are the UNION! Why dont you file a grievance agaisnt the driver that you know is working before start time and working through his lunch and ask that you get paid those hours at overtime pay? Its an article 17 paid for time and 44 senioirty, at least here, the articles could be different by you. Lets see how involved the "union" will get.

Hey Brother, you are the UNION! Why dont you file a grievance agaisnt the driver that you know is working before start time and working through his lunch and ask that you get paid those hours at overtime pay? Its an article 17 paid for time and 44 senioirty, at least here, the articles could be different by you. Lets see how involved the "union" will get.

I don't know of any...Those issues have been fixed over 10-15 years ago.

705red

Browncafe Steward
It is sad that the union doesn't fix this. It has corrected this poor behavior by it's members in other places, along with drivers working off the clock. All with no change in dispatch.

I don't know of any...Those issues have been fixed over 10-15 years ago.

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????

What u talking about willis?

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????

What u talking about willis?

I Don't know anyone that works off the clock or falsifies their lunch. Every place I have worked, this wasn't allowed. I do know of 3 people fired for these practices though. The last one was in 2004, prerecording work in board dr'ing then during lunch then stop completing them after lunch.