Does being on disability affect me becoming a driver?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Henry987123, Jun 19, 2016.

1. Henry987123

Henry987123 New Member

Been on preload for about a year , going on shirt term disability, just wondering would that affect me becoming a driver later on .

I'm just asking would me being on disability now DQ me I'm the future, I'm obviously not gonna be on disability when they call me

Lasted edited by : Jun 21, 2016
  2. undies

undies Active Member

Only if you have an injury/issue that prevents you from actually doing the work required.

3. Henry987123

Henry987123 New Member

Going on disability for having pain in my neck, doctor told me no heavy lifting for 4-6 weeks .... that wouldn't affect me when I apply for the driving gig would it???

4. Bastiatian

Bastiatian Active Member

Not if you can return to your normal duties before then. Things may be different where you are, but in my building, you don't get a call concerning PT or FT driving positions if you're currently out with an injury, on TAW, or on disability.

5. Henry987123

Henry987123 New Member

I put my name on the bid sheet, got 2 people ahead of me, I'm just asking would me being on disability now DQ me I'm the future, I'm obviously not gonna be on disability when they call me (I hope not )

6. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Not if you are released to perform any job in the building. I have seen drivers on disability not allowed to bid a different route because they were out on disability.

7. Bastiatian

Bastiatian Active Member

In the future? No. But if you get the call before you're back at work on full duty, you'll miss your shot this time.

8. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

The key words here are "on full duty". No restrictions.

9. toonertoo

toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

Bad job for you if you have neck problems already

10. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

If you have an annual intent sheet that you signed and you get called while you are on disability, your name may be removed for the rest of the year. If your name comes up while you are out, you should call HR as soon as you are cleared to full duty so you can be put on the list again.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  11. Gotout

Gotout New Member

Absolutely not. Get back to full duty and bit. In most places HR manages the bids. There won't be any type of "disability retaliation"

12. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Wasn't Hulk Hogan on Shirt Term too?