Does every driver have to pick up packages?

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
You know how the twilighters get most of their packages? The drivers pick them up and bring them back to the hub. Is that like a hub thing? Does every driver have to do that? By themselves? If so, I really applaud you guys.

rod

Retired 22 years
​Somewhat but pitchforks work better on babies.

The old joke: Whats the difference between a truck load of bowling balls and a truck load of babies----a truckload of babies is easier to unload with a pitchfork than a truck load of bowling balls

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Hijacked!!! But for reals...most routes will have some pickups. There's a few that have none and are either high mile routes or high stop routes. The route I trained on had 120 stops and 33 pickups. Average about 45 miles. But some of the other routes I do have 185 stops and 3 on route pickups or 200 stops and no pickups. A few more I've done have 50 stops and 5 on route pickups but are 300 miles. And then there's the Hershey routes...some call them cage trucks or cubes but here they'll do maybe 15-20 stops but deliver 1000 pieces and then do pickups like crazy and bring back 1000 pieces. Different strokes.

Cementups

Box Monkey
My last route was 150+ stops a day with 2 pickups. I think the most I ever picked up was 10 pieces. But my route now will deliver 90+ stops and pick up anywhere from 100 - 2000 pieces, bricked out.

You know how the twilighters get most of their packages? The drivers pick them up and bring them back to the hub. Is that like a hub thing? Does every driver have to do that? By themselves? If so, I really applaud you guys.
Can you please just go away from this great site. WE don't want you HERE. Please please just don't come back if you choose to leave.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Ill take the 150 anyday. 2 pickups are u kidding me dude. Screw them pickup. 150 is easy depending on if its a city or if its a country route. 150 in the country yes, 150 in the city nah.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Ill take the 150 anyday. 2 pickups are u kidding me dude. Screw them pickup. 150 is easy depending on if its a city or if its a country route. 150 in the country yes, 150 in the city nah.

It was a suburban/rural route with 150 stops. The most pickups I had on that route was 4 but they were all done as you were delivering. No commit times for pickups. All marked in the board as AEPU. Can you tell I miss it? I had that route for 7 years until we rebid a couple years ago and a driver higher up decided the grass was always greener somewhere else and started a domino effect.