Does FedEx have safe driving rules?

STFXG

Well that's just dodge quality for you. After we got the new mercedes it took the guy text me a week to find where they hid the gas cap on those things
Dodge quality? They were still Mercedes trucks. Just rebadged as dodge.

I've only seen one have door problems. The rear door hinges had to be welded and repaired from rusting through.

And the gas cap is in the same place on the dodge sprinters...

Purplepackage

Dodge quality? They were still Mercedes trucks. Just rebadged as dodge.

I've only seen one have door problems. The rear door hinges had to be welded and repaired from rusting through.

And the gas cap is in the same place on the dodge sprinters...

I assume you don't have 2014 sprinters

Abbadabba

I know at Ground when you get "hired" you go through their "SAFE" driver certification BS. Well that was 7 years ago. After that safe went out the window getting done fast to justify the 100 bucks a day you get paid is all that mattered.

l22

Do most Express stations now have a majority of Sprinters in them and only a few 700s? Just wondering, can't really tell.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I don't. I thought you meant 2007 and on. Dodge stopped in 2006. Haven't seen the 2014s. I'm done with sprinters. Switching my fleet to promasters.
Promasters have gotten a lot of praise, but they are made by Fiat. That should cause some concerns.

STFXG

Promasters have gotten a lot of praise, but they are made by Fiat. That should cause some concerns.
Yeah I'm just done with diesels. The emissions systems are garbage and the cost to maintain them is ridiculous. The 3.6l pentastar motor Chrysler makes has good reviews. I've had one for a while now and so far it's been good. Averaging around 18 mpg. Everything about them is cheaper than a sprinter. We will see if it holds up.

Purplepackage

Do most Express stations now have a majority of Sprinters in them and only a few 700s? Just wondering, can't really tell.

I think it really depends on where you are located, we only have 4 700s left and 2 of those grummlin knock off trucks. The rest are sprinters but we only have about 25 couriers at my station

*****cleared*****

I think it really depends on where you are located, we only have 4 700s left and 2 of those grummlin knock off trucks. The rest are sprinters but we only have about 25 couriers at my station

We have a few 700's, some 900's, a few reaches and a lot of sprinters. Maybe 5 reaches, some 900's, some 700's, and probably 10-15 sprinters run a day.

l22

It seems like every courier wants to take a Sprinter out these days when they have an option. Is there anyone out there who still likes taking out a 700 over a sprinter or van - given space doesn't matter on a route lol? I enjoy taking a 700, don't know why though and don't know what I'm getting at :laugh:

NYCFXG

Yes, we have safe driving rules. But they're tossed out in favor of driving faster and more recklessly for additional profit. FedEx talks out of both sides of it's mouth on safety....it's ajoke.

You say a lot of emotionally crazy things on this forum. But that right there is 100% truth. Meetings before leaving during snowstorms to talk about safe driving then told we can't open up a p/u window because the customer won't be available. Good luck!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You say a lot of emotionally crazy things on this forum. But that right there is 100% truth. Meetings before leaving during snowstorms to talk about safe driving then told we can't open up a p/u window because the customer won't be available. Good luck!

Here's one you probably don't know. If you decide not to go on the road due to adverse/dangerous weather conditions, management will do nothing. If you don't believe me, try it and see. You do need to show-up, and then state that conditions are "unsafe". However, if you opt to go out there and be a hero, all the liability is squarely on you.

Next time it snows, keep this in mind.

*****cleared*****

Here's one you probably don't know. If you decide not to go on the road due to adverse/dangerous weather conditions, management will do nothing. If you don't believe me, try it and see. You do need to show-up, and then state that conditions are "unsafe". However, if you opt to go out there and be a hero, all the liability is squarely on you.

I would be on my managers :censored2: list for a long long time. May as well just call in sick instead. Seems like a better option

whenIgetthere

I was on the managers s--t list for a long time back in about 2005 when we went on road without snow, but got about two feet during the work day. I sent a message after getting stuck a few times, and getting out, that I was heading in and that it was too dangerous to stay out.