Does FedEx have safe driving rules?

STFXG

Nothing better than a heavy snow day. Walk in, tell them I'm shutting down, throw up the peace sign, and double down the next day.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I was on the managers s--t list for a long time back in about 2005 when we went on road without snow, but got about two feet during the work day. I sent a message after getting stuck a few times, and getting out, that I was heading in and that it was too dangerous to stay out.

I'd rather be on his list than be charged with a Preventable.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Nothing better than a heavy snow day. Walk in, tell them I'm shutting down, throw up the peace sign, and double down the next day.

My response was meant for Express employees, but I guess you have the same option. BTW, how can you look at your new ProMaster and not have nightmares? God, those are ugly.

STFXG

My response was meant for Express employees, but I guess you have the same option. BTW, how can you look at your new ProMaster and not have nightmares? God, those are ugly.

I can't. It's a god awful design. The front end is good for hitting things with that gigantic bumper. Perfect for Ground operations :)

bbsam

Staff member
I can't. It's a god awful design. The front end is good for hitting things with that gigantic bumper. Perfect for Ground operations :)
I believe the bumper is three sections. Potentially easier and cheaper to repair.

bbsam

Staff member
We had several contractors do that a few years ago When a storm was coming in during peak. It was funny. The temperature didn't drop as far as the weatherman said and all it did was rain all day. Nobody got in trouble and in two or three days everything was caught up.

STFXG

I believe the bumper is three sections. Potentially easier and cheaper to repair.
It is. And the headlights are raised so you don't break them if you hit something. It's actually a good design out here in deer country. I've had to replace sprinter headlights a few times from deer.

The front wheel drive feels a bit odd. Probably because I haven't driven front wheel drive since I was a teenager. Things turn on a dime though.

Nolimitz

It seems like every courier wants to take a Sprinter out these days when they have an option. Is there anyone out there who still likes taking out a 700 over a sprinter or van - given space doesn't matter on a route lol? I enjoy taking a 700, don't know why though and don't know what I'm getting at :laugh:
I hate Sprinters. IF my 700 goes away I may too..

dezguy

I have had the old Dodge Sprinters and the new Mercedes Sprinter and I have never had an issue with them in the winter. I actually think the Mercedes is near impossible to get stuck in snow. We had a couple major storms here this past winter and never once did I feel like I was going to get stuck.

Given the option between a W700 and a Sprinter in the snow, I'd take the Sprinter every time.

*****cleared*****

I have had the old Dodge Sprinters and the new Mercedes Sprinter and I have never had an issue with them in the winter. I actually think the Mercedes is near impossible to get stuck in snow. We had a couple major storms here this past winter and never once did I feel like I was going to get stuck.

Given the option between a W700 and a Sprinter in the snow, I'd take the Sprinter every time.

My experience is sprinters don't want to move in 2 inches of snow and get stuck all the time.

STFXG

Your tires just suck. Probably those crap retreads I see on the express trucks in my areas. The sprinters are great in the snow when they are equipped for it. Some cooper discoverer a/ts are the best...

Cactus

Just telling it like it is

Your tires just suck. Probably those crap retreads I see on the express trucks in my areas. The sprinters are great in the snow when they are equipped for it. Some cooper discoverer a/ts are the best...
Not do much the tires as the rev limiter which is probably disabled on dezguy's vehicle.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Not do much the tires as the rev limiter which is probably disabled on dezguy's vehicle.

That's what kept me from getting unstuck once this winter. Tow truck guy thought he was a stupid female and couldn't drive, until he realized it was the rev limiter, not me. Lol.

STFXG

Are you talking about not being able to disable the traction control? Or did express mess with the computer so you can't gas it?