Does fedex rotate their routes

Photolady

Do fedex drivers rotate their routes? Months ago I was getting different drivers delivering my packages. Around November I started getting a nice guy who would always wait for me to get to the door and make friendly small talk. The last time he came was early January now I get this guy who slams my packages at my door and just leaves. Do they change routes every so often or was the nice guy just seasonal? This is pretty frustrating because i work out of home and get several packages delivered each week. My ups guy is always the same and we have a great repore, I know I can count on him to get me my deliveries without banging my door and breaking anything. I just want the same with fedex, I want the other guy back.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Do fedex drivers rotate their routes? Months ago I was getting different drivers delivering my packages. Around November I started getting a nice guy who would always wait for me to get to the door and make friendly small talk. The last time he came was early January now I get this guy who slams my packages at my door and just leaves. Do they change routes every so often or was the nice guy just seasonal? This is pretty frustrating because i work out of home and get several packages delivered each week. My ups guy is always the same and we have a great repore, I know I can count on him to get me my deliveries without banging my door and breaking anything. I just want the same with fedex, I want the other guy back.
FedEx Express or Ground. Makes a big difference.

Photolady

Fedex ground - home delivery. No they have not damaged my door but one package did have broken items. My he sender resent the items with no issue but it is still frustrating. I understand they are not paid to chit chat but my home office space is close to my door so it is annoying to have stuff thrown at it particularly when I am getting packages several times a week.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Have you gained weight? The amount of time they wait is totally dependent on how hot you are.

Photolady

Definetly no weight gain lol. My ups guy makes small talk all the time and he has been delivering here for years. I am also friendly with usps folks because they all come so often.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If I were your regular driver, I would ask you where you want your packages (within reason) and would leave them there, knock on the door and be on my way. If I had a light day I would probably wait for you to open the door and hand the packages to you. If I was busy it would be knock, drop and roll.

bacha29

Remember humans are creatures of habit and do not like change. The different driver may not have done anything wrong except for the fact that he represented change. At first in all of the small towns and villages I delivered I represented change and some were not at the beginning receptive. After a while they came to discover that I wasn't a bad man just a harmless excentric and when they figured that out I had more dinner and supper invitations from lonely widows and empty nesters than you could count.

FedExer267

That's all that wasted productivity that Ground has to make up for. That's what happens when you pay by the hour.
Paid by the hour means customer service.. That's not how we roll at Ground so its knock and drop. I have had customers stare at me as I drive away with that look of how do you expect me to lift this. I wave and keep on trucking. Nothing personal but when it comes to Ground you get what you pay for. There is no incentive for a Ground driver to make his day longer.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Express couriers are the ambassadors for Fedex. We are where its (formerly) excellent reputation came from. Ground clowns have no concept of the concept.

FedGT

Express couriers are the ambassadors for Fedex. We are where its (formerly) excellent reputation came from. Ground clowns have no concept of the concept.

Hahahaha. Maybe started but it died long ago for you guys too. Maybe if you had to run 150# boxes to 5+ story apartments you wouldn't have so much time on your hands.

FedEx_worker_caugh_2089925c.jpg

article-2076432-0F3B107C00000578-508_634x481.jpg

The "gate"way ambassador. He must have not got the memo.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Maybe if you had to run 150# boxes to 5+ story apartments you wouldn't have so much time on your hands.
Yeah, yeah we know. It sucks to be you.

I'd leave those :censored2:ing 150# packages at the bottom floor of those apartment buildings. Then again, I seriously doubt you deliver them up there anyway.

FedGT

Yeah, yeah we know. It sucks to be you.

I'd leave those :censored2:ing 150# packages at the bottom floor of those apartment buildings. Then again, I seriously doubt you deliver them up there anyway.

No, it is pretty awesome being me. Large differences between me and you. I am good at my job and don't leave things where they don't belong and get stolen plus it costs me money and that does not happen. Then again when you are still young over 6' and 235 lbs it is a little easier to move things.

So you don't apply the "ambassador concept"