Does fedex rotate their routes

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
No, it is pretty awesome being me. Large differences between me and you. I am good at my job and don't leave things where they don't belong and get stolen plus it costs me money and that does not happen. Then again when you are still young over 6' and 235 lbs it is a little easier to move things.

So you don't apply the "ambassador concept"
Rule #1, use your head. Who's gonna walk off with 150# packages? Thanks so much for your guidance Mr. AmbASSador.

bacha29

Fred's a myth alright.Just let him get a belly full of that stolen motor freight G steals off the LTL's. Just another X jock with a completely undeserved sense of self importance. Probably the only reason he was hired was becasue he was the best available among a poor crop of candidates. Be careful Fred .We wouldn't want one of those envelopes to give you a hernia.

bacha29

Once again it comes down to the same fact. The reason G gets so much of that LTL stuff is because UPS doesn't want it because they have to send another guy along to help move it. Not so with G. That's the dilema . Try to move it yourelf or hire a helper to come along and help move those 4 or 5 stops of this nature during the day. there goes whatever that load made that day. As for our indestructable friend Mr. Fedex GT, it will only be a matter of time until it catches up with you. Let's see what will come first? Will it be knee joint replacement? Or hip joint replacement? ( I
have to get both done). How about reconstructive shoulder or pelvis surgery? And don't forget ruptured discs or spinal stenosis. Look friend, you are organic not metallic. You're a mortal not a machine. Get yourself some disability insurance.

CJinx

Consignee should just call it in as misdelivered; have Cactus's manager tell him to get it to their front door. I suppose that is one advantage of Express; he is an employee who will do what he is told to do.

MAKAVELI

Consignee should just call it in as misdelivered; have Cactus's manager tell him to get it to their front door. I suppose that is one advantage of Express; he is an employee who will do what he is told to do.
We can not be required to lift 150 pounds by ourselves.;)

FedGT

Rule #1, use your head. Who's gonna walk off with 150# packages? Thanks so much for your guidance Mr. AmbASSador.

Use my head? You honestly think someone won't steal a package because it weighs 150 lbs??? People see A major manufacturer on the label and they will find enough people to lift it if they don't do it themselves.
Tough guy with the name calling, shows your maturity, I guess you called me a name so you win the debate???

FedGT

Once again it comes down to the same fact. The reason G gets so much of that LTL stuff is because UPS doesn't want it because they have to send another guy along to help move it. Not so with G. That's the dilema . Try to move it yourelf or hire a helper to come along and help move those 4 or 5 stops of this nature during the day. there goes whatever that load made that day. As for our indestructable friend Mr. Fedex GT, it will only be a matter of time until it catches up with you. Let's see what will come first? Will it be knee joint replacement? Or hip joint replacement? ( I
have to get both done). How about reconstructive shoulder or pelvis surgery? And don't forget ruptured discs or spinal stenosis. Look friend, you are organic not metallic. You're a mortal not a machine. Get yourself some disability insurance.

Very much agree for the long term and appreciate the reminder and concern. I bought these up as a 5-10 year plan to grow them and sell them. Still is the play but the 10 year has dropped to a 7 year since the growth has happened quicker than anticipated. Bigger things in the pipeline that cost a lot more than the initial route purchase.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Back to the OP, it all depends on your local contractor who owns that service area... was that seasonal driver in a rental or a Fedex logo- ed van?

I was a supplemental driver servicing a mix of ghetto and the neighboring suburbia... after a handful of customer compliments, i was assigned that area permanently after peak.

Its probably too late, but that seasonal driver knew this is just a stepping stone job, or his contactor sucks, or found a contractor whose service area was closer to home and transferred... you'll probably never know now.

It all comes down to the individual. Some suck and some have some sense of service. Each has to find a balance of efficiency vs service, based on how little the middleman csp / isp pays his drivers.

If they pay very little, expect the driver to drop or throw your parcels and run, like a newspaper route.

Ps, ive seen neighboring routes driver- release a huge flatscreen tv at the front door, in plain view with no weatherbag, because the powerpad didnt prompt for a signature. A competent or a driver with some common sense won't do that

dex 84

That's not the point.

You are basically telling the consignee, "Screw you, you can come down and carry it back upstairs yourself."

Yes, that is exactly what I'm telling them. That's why I slide it as far back in the truck as I can, open the back doors, and then put it in reverse and fly down their driveway and then jack the brakes. Go back, shut the doors and spin my tires to kick up as much dirt as I can on the way out.

Photolady

They were in the fedex logo truck. He also had a helper. Funny thing is the new driver has a helper too and the helper never throws the packages just the driver.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Nor should you be; however, that does not mean that you leave it at the bottom of the stairs at an apartment complex.
Why should I break my back for a company that doesn't give a damn about me or my cronies? Besides they'd toss me out if I was injured for more than 90 days.

Wiseass.

FedExer267

The Contractor will take it to the door the driver will leave it on the floor. You see the contractor is Sam I am and the driver does not like green eggs and ham.. That's how it works at G.