Does fedex rotate their routes

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Even i knew what upstate meant when he said "drop n run " not literally... its a runner- gunner term to maximize yo stops per hour

Unless pickup was being sarcastic, carry on! Gonna go out to shovel out my vehicles after eating some french toast

FedExer267

They were in the fedex logo truck. He also had a helper. Funny thing is the new driver has a helper too and the helper never throws the packages just the driver.
That might be because the helper could of been a temp working the holidays getting hourly rate and OT while the drivers get a day rate. The Temps tend to milk the clock while the drivers are just trying to get done. Nothing better at Peak then having a helper making more than the driver..

dezguy

Use your handcart as a fulcrum.
Have seen a few newbs go off on comp doing that only to have the bottom plate of the dolly snap, ending up with them getting hurt. Broken wrist and a concussion are a few of the injuries that have been caused by that.

Anything over 75# should only be moved by 2 people. If the customer doesn't help, it stays on the truck.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Anything over 75# should only be moved by 2 people. If the customer doesn't help, it stays on the truck.

All depends upon what it is. If I can get my hands around it and pull it in to my power zone I will deliver it. If it is big and bulky and I can barely slide it on the pkg car floor there is no way that I will attempt to deliver it without help.

outtatime

Have seen a few newbs go off on comp doing that only to have the bottom plate of the dolly snap, ending up with them getting hurt. Broken wrist and a concussion are a few of the injuries that have been caused by that.

Which will then be ruled a preventable accident and you get a warning letter for it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I had a delivery the week before I went out (surgery) for a lady who had closed her screen printing business and moved it in to her house. She had 11 pkgs---10 for the business and one for her son. They were light (water bottles) and I was able to carry them two at a time. After I had moved the first 4 she came out and asked me if I could take the 10 boxes to another location. Turns out she was having that business affix the logos on to the water bottles and rather than bring them there herself she wanted me to do it for her. I politely informed her that we are directed to deliver them as addressed and that if she had wanted them brought to this location that she should have used bill to/ship to when placing the order.

It is one thing to take care of the customer. It is quite another to be taken advantage of.

dex 84

I had a delivery the week before I went out (surgery) for a lady who had closed her screen printing business and moved it in to her house. She had 11 pkgs---10 for the business and one for her son. They were light (water bottles) and I was able to carry them two at a time. After I had moved the first 4 she came out and asked me if I could take the 10 boxes to another location. Turns out she was having that business affix the logos on to the water bottles and rather than bring them there herself she wanted me to do it for her. I politely informed her that we are directed to deliver them as addressed and that if she had wanted them brought to this location that she should have used bill to/ship to when placing the order.

It is one thing to take care of the customer. It is quite another to be taken advantage of.

I would've told her I could deliver it to other address tomorrow or give to her here today. They're guaranteed 3 attempts on 3 consecutive days. If they want the 2nd attempt at a different address I'm happy to oblige, on the next business day.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I would've told her I could deliver it to other address tomorrow or give to her here today. They're guaranteed 3 attempts on 3 consecutive days. If they want the 2nd attempt at a different address I'm happy to oblige, on the next business day.

The alternate address was on an adjacent area. The shipper would have been charged $100 ($10 per box) for the address correction.

Her options would have been to either accept or refuse the delivery.

dezguy

All depends upon what it is. If I can get my hands around it and pull it in to my power zone I will deliver it. If it is big and bulky and I can barely slide it on the pkg car floor there is no way that I will attempt to deliver it without help.
And what happens if you happen to lift a package over your weight limit and you hurt yourself?

At FedEx,it would be ruled as a preventable injury cauing you to have to jump through hoops if you had to go off on comp and in some cases, have your comp claim denied and end up you not getting paid till you could come back healthy. But better hope you can come back in 90 days or your route becomes someone else's.

MAKAVELI

And what happens if you happen to lift a package over your weight limit and you hurt yourself?

At FedEx,it would be ruled as a preventable injury cauing you to have to jump through hoops if you had to go off on comp and in some cases, have your comp claim denied and end up you not getting paid till you could come back healthy. But better hope you can come back in 90 days or your route becomes someone else's.
In the US they cannot deny WC claims based on if you are at fault.

vantexan

No, it is pretty awesome being me. Large differences between me and you. I am good at my job and don't leave things where they don't belong and get stolen plus it costs me money and that does not happen. Then again when you are still young over 6' and 235 lbs it is a little easier to move things.

So you don't apply the "ambassador concept"
I used to be young and strong and thought nothing of carrying 100lb+ pkgs up several flights of stairs. I have a bad back now, go figure.

dex 84

The alternate address was on an adjacent area. The shipper would have been charged $100 ($10 per box) for the address correction.

Her options would have been to either accept or refuse the delivery.

If she really wanted it delivered to the other address I would just rex it (correct the address with a revenue exception) and bring it back to go on road the next day on the correct route. This would result in an extra charge but that's what happens if we try to deliver it where it's addressed to but they really want it somewhere else. Usually the customer will just agree to take the packages right there and avoid the whole inconvenience but I let them make the decision.

One time when a customer tipped me I had them sign for the packages at the location they were addressed to, and then on my way in I dropped them off at the location the customer really wanted them at. That was a special case though.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have done that as well.

This particular customer was a pain in the butt when her shop was open. She lost what little leverage she may have had when she closed and started working out of her house.

bacha29

Spot on Vantex: I tried to point out something to the new guys coming on. Rheumatoid Arthritis is hereditary and symmetrical. Meaning that if it runs in the family you will almost certainly get as well and being symmetrical it means that if for example if you get it one knee you will get in the other . Same goes for hip joints. No matter how tough and strong you think you are, that repetitive motion when combined with RA with eat cartilage and bone done to nothing and the pain can at times be unbearable .