does Florida get screwed?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by wornoutupser, Dec 16, 2014.

1. wornoutupser

wornoutupser Active Member

PCM yesterday lightly covered working Sunday. We were told that it will be a force from the bottom and that......get ready for this one....
    REGULAR PAY because its the first day of the week!!!!

Guess I am not available to work!!!!
  2. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Yes. You'd get time and half working Friday.
  3. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

I think you would only get time and a half on your 6 day. Christmas will not count as a working day. Unless you actually work Christmas Day.
  4. Brownslave688

If you're paid for that day it's considered a punch no?
  5. Johney

Johney Raise your hand if you think Upstate is a D-Bag

That seems to be the argument around here. Something tells me there will be a lot of grievances filed here.
  6. HBGPreloader

HBGPreloader Active Member

Management was looking for Sunday volunteers to deliver and work preload.
    They were offering double time.
  7. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Yes, anytime a holiday is during the week I work on that following Saturday, all hours worked are paid in OT. Same goes for option days used during the week. With that being said Friday would be OT, Saturday would be double time(southern supplement)
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

No, holidays count as a report and are paid as such, much like option days count as a report.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Remember as well guys, if you work the Saturday before the Sunday they want you to work, you need a reset before the next week. You can work Saturday based on seniority if they are using FT guys to cover the lack of part time guys. Think about which day would be easier, just say'n.
  10. Can't make it due to the monthly Union meeting.
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  11. wo88upsman

wo88upsman Member

You actually never need a reset. On the 8 day of work your first day falls off. If you kept up with your hours you could work without ever having a reset. In order to get a fresh start you do need a reset but it is not nesassary.
  12. Mugarolla

Mugarolla Light 'em up!

No you won't. Time and a half is for your sixth punch. You need to work Christmas day to get time and a half for Friday.

You will only work 5 days. Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed and Fri.
  13. Mugarolla

Mugarolla Light 'em up!

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. Brownslave688

Pretty sure you're wrong on this one. Vacations option days holidays all count as a punch.
  15. BigUnionGuy

BigUnionGuy Got the T-Shirt

Not in the Central.

You have to be scheduled for 5 consecutive days.

A paid "named" Holiday.... is compensable time.

Same as an option day, or single day vacation.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

We are running a full operation on 12/21 and will be paid time and a half. The thought process is that we will run 3,300 stops on Sunday and 5,000 stops on Monday instead of 8,300 stops on Monday. We are told to ask which of our commercial stops would be willing to accept deliveries on Sunday. They were unsure as to whether we would be able to use our helpers but did know that if we did they would be paid straight time for their efforts.
  17. Mugarolla

Mugarolla Light 'em up!

The Southern is different than the Central. The Southern says "report." The Central says "worked." You do not work a holiday. It does not count toward your sixth day. The language in the Southern may allow for a holiday to count.
  18. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

It does (southern supplement). I have those fat checks to prove it if you'd like. Also can pull up a 7th punch doubletine with a holiday in the middle.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  19. Mugarolla

Mugarolla Light 'em up!

Good point.

So if the schedule is Sun-Thur then Friday should be time and a half. If the schedule is Mon-Fri then Sunday should be time and a half.
  20. upsman68

upsman68 Active Member