does Florida get screwed?

wornoutupser

PCM yesterday lightly covered working Sunday. We were told that it will be a force from the bottom and that......get ready for this one....
REGULAR PAY because its the first day of the week!!!!

Guess I am not available to work!!!!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
PCM yesterday lightly covered working Sunday. We were told that it will be a force from the bottom and that......get ready for this one....
REGULAR PAY because its the first day of the week!!!!

Guess I am not available to work!!!!
Yes. You'd get time and half working Friday.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
If you're paid for that day it's considered a punch no?
Yes, anytime a holiday is during the week I work on that following Saturday, all hours worked are paid in OT. Same goes for option days used during the week. With that being said Friday would be OT, Saturday would be double time(southern supplement)

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Remember as well guys, if you work the Saturday before the Sunday they want you to work, you need a reset before the next week. You can work Saturday based on seniority if they are using FT guys to cover the lack of part time guys. Think about which day would be easier, just say'n.

wo88upsman

You actually never need a reset. On the 8 day of work your first day falls off. If you kept up with your hours you could work without ever having a reset. In order to get a fresh start you do need a reset but it is not nesassary.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
No you won't. Time and a half is for your sixth punch. You need to work Christmas day to get time and a half for Friday.

You will only work 5 days. Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed and Fri.

Not in the Central.

You have to be scheduled for 5 consecutive days.

Pretty sure you're wrong on this one. Vacations option days holidays all count as a punch.

A paid "named" Holiday.... is compensable time.

Same as an option day, or single day vacation.

-Bug-

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We are running a full operation on 12/21 and will be paid time and a half. The thought process is that we will run 3,300 stops on Sunday and 5,000 stops on Monday instead of 8,300 stops on Monday. We are told to ask which of our commercial stops would be willing to accept deliveries on Sunday. They were unsure as to whether we would be able to use our helpers but did know that if we did they would be paid straight time for their efforts.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Pretty sure you're wrong on this one. Vacations option days holidays all count as a punch.
The Southern is different than the Central. The Southern says "report." The Central says "worked." You do not work a holiday. It does not count toward your sixth day. The language in the Southern may allow for a holiday to count.