Does insurance start a year from hire or a year from seniority date?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
In most instances, isn't the hire date and seniority date one in the same?
It's been 28 years, but if memory serves, once I made my 30 days my seniority date reverted back to the first day I worked?
Off street hires after the vacation replacement period would be an exception in the Central Region.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
In most instances, isn't the hire date and seniority date one in the same?
It's been 28 years, but if memory serves, once I made my 30 days my seniority date reverted back to the first day I worked?
Off street hires after the vacation replacement period would be an exception in the Central Region.
Yes...that is correct. But sometimes it takes PTers months to make book...if they get sent home a lot.

barnyard

KTM rider
I would imagine that sometime before you are eligible, you will receive insurance cards in the mail with the local H&W number. You should be able to call that number and find out your exact date of eligibility.

You want to find out from the plan administrators as they are the ones cutting the checks. If you go by what the steward says or someone on this board and they are wrong, you could very well end up paying for anything that you may incur before you are eligible.