Does it get a lot less busy after Christmas and will work hours return to normal after Christmas

Mr.nobody

Depends on your location. Peak officially ends after Christmas, but some routes will stay busy through January. As far as the warehouse goes, the volume dies after the first week of January.

km3

Depends on your location. Peak officially ends after Christmas, but some routes will stay busy through January. As far as the warehouse goes, the volume dies after the first week of January.

Volume dies, but we lose all the double shifters, seasonal employees, et al., too. Last year was my first peak on the inside, and January was way harder than even the worst day in December was.

OP, personally I wouldn't feel comfortable scheduling classes any earlier than 11, but I have a long commute too.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
There's been at least a few times where I drove all December long only to come in on the 26th and realize I probably should've called to see if I was in that day.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
On January 9th I start my next semester and my first class is at 9:30am. Is this going to be a problem?
Uhh there's a good possibility, depending on whether you are a loader or unloader (loaders generally get out later), and how far the school is from ups. We leave when the work is done, NOT because the clock says 9am. Why would you either...
A) accept a job whose hours say 4-9 knowing you already signed up for a 9:30 class?
Or B) register for such an early class knowing it may conflict with your job?

MajorArmedMan

Uhh there's a good possibility, depending on whether you are a loader or unloader (loaders generally get out later), and how far the school is from ups. We leave when the work is done, NOT because the clock says 9am. Why would you either...
A) accept a job whose hours say 4-9 knowing you already signed up for a 9:30 class?
Or B) register for such an early class knowing it may conflict with your job?

I'm a unloader and only load when they request they need help. I usually get out at 7:30am. I picked that class, because it's a major requirement and the only one I found started at 9:30am. The school is only 20 minutes away from my work.