Does July 4th holiday count as paid day for benefits

bl04a

I have a question. I am a driver in Philly. I get 5 weeks vacation every April. My middle son joined the U.S. Marines and leaves July 20th for boot camp. I had my center manager put me in for 5 straight weeks of vacation in April. I worked those five weeks. I used the vacation checks to give my son a trip to the Bahamas and little going away party before he leaves for boot camp. My question is I am taking a week off 6/28-7/5 to go away. Since in payroll's eyes I will have already taken my 5 weeks and we now need 1 paid day per week to keep our healthcare will the July 4th paid holiday count as the 1 paid day for that week. In our local you only have to work the day before OR the day after to get paid for the holiday. Thanks for any answers.

Johney

As long as they code you "Vacation"on your time card for the time out you're good. As long as you worked the time already paid and they code you correctly you should be good.

Edit: Money paid into your benefits relies entirely on your center team and how your days are coded if you don't work an entire week.

I have a question. I am a driver in Philly. I get 5 weeks vacation every April. My middle son joined the U.S. Marines and leaves July 20th for boot camp. I had my center manager put me in for 5 straight weeks of vacation in April. I worked those five weeks. I used the vacation checks to give my son a trip to the Bahamas and little going away party before he leaves for boot camp. My question is I am taking a week off 6/28-7/5 to go away. Since in payroll's eyes I will have already taken my 5 weeks and we now need 1 paid day per week to keep our healthcare will the July 4th paid holiday count as the 1 paid day for that week. In our local you only have to work the day before OR the day after to get paid for the holiday. Thanks for any answers.
You should be fine,but with this new contract...everybody is a little confused......thankyou for your service!

Johney

Just make sure you inform your center team of these new requirements for reports/benefits. Some may not realize the change. It has always been like that here so for the most part our management people understand.

bl04a

Thanks, I appreciate the advice! I will make sure I remind them of the changes.

Sent using BrownCafe App

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Why in the world would anyone bid 5 prime weeks in a row for vacation knowing full well that they had no intention of taking that time off? I wonder if anyone with less seniority who may have wanted one of those weeks was unable to take it because they had been blocked out.

bl04a

I used the vacation checks to give my son who is leaving to go to boot camp for the U.S. Marines a going away party and a trip to the Bahamas. I didn't have to take any money out of the bank and I figured if my son could sacrifice for us then I could sacrifice 1 year of vacation time for him. Also my center manager knew I wasn't taking the time off then and let lower seniority drivers bid those weeks. That's why in the world I would do that.

Sent using BrownCafe App

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I fully understand why you did what you did. I have 2 kids and would do anything in the world for them.

I don't know that I would work through 5 weeks of vacation just so that my son could party in the Bahamas before going to Paris Island.

bl04a

It's not like I'm not taking any time off. I'm taking a week off the week of July 4th. He didn't ask for the trip, it was my idea just to show him how proud I am of him. I just want to know if the July 4th paid holiday will count as the paid day for the week as far as the healthcare is concerned.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Mike57

It's not like I'm not taking any time off. I'm taking a week off the week of July 4th. He didn't ask for the trip, it was my idea just to show him how proud I am of him. I just want to know if the July 4th paid holiday will count as the paid day for the week as far as the healthcare is concerned.

Sent using BrownCafe App
You ARE a GOOD FATHER!!!!

Bottom rung

I fully understand why you did what you did. I have 2 kids and would do anything in the world for them.
I don't know that I would work through 5 weeks of vacation just so that my son could party in the Bahamas before going to Paris Island.
I have three picks of four are summer vacation and I've been full time for two years.

That young man is training so preserve your right to spew the :censored2: you spew here. He just wrote a check to government up to and including his life if necessary. Have some respect. Stay classy upstate.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Since in payroll's eyes I will have already taken my 5 weeks and we now need 1 paid day per week to keep our healthcare will the July 4th paid holiday count as the 1 paid day for that week.

A paid holiday is a "compensative" day for insurance.

So.... yes.

-Bug-