Does management have to go UP the TCD list when sending drivers back out?

PeasAndCarrots

Currently, I'm top cover driver and I am constantly being sent back out to "help other drivers" while the 2 guys below me get to go home 90% of the time.

I've been told that management must start at the bottom of the TCD list and go up when sending drivers back out. If this is true, could someone please point me to an article or paragraph? I'm ready to file on this ASAP. Thanks

Ron Carey lives on

Page 235 in Central section 6. Article 19 Miscellaneous provisions. " Drivers shall not be disciplined for refusing to go back out on street once they returned to the building , after completing their full days work"

Sent using BrownCafe App

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I do and the other 2 maybe take half of theirs

Sent via Big Arrow Up

In my local you can tell them to pound sand if you make it back to th building with all of your break taken. They can not send you back out in the situation.

I don't know if your local is the same.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Page 235 in Central section 6. Article 19 Miscellaneous provisions. " Drivers shall not be disciplined for refusing to go back out on street once they returned to the building , after completing their full days work"

Sent using BrownCafe App
Full days work included ones full lunch. Just to clarify.

O

OLDMAN3

Sent using BrownCafe App
Yep,
Had an overzealous manager years ago that told me when I came in that I HAD to go back out and cover a pickup. If I had been asked, I might have done it. I calmly and simply said.. No, I am not going back out, I am going to punch out. The manager kept yelling at me and following me all the way to the time clock, were I smiled and punched out.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Currently, I'm top cover driver and I am constantly being sent back out to "help other drivers" while the 2 guys below me get to go home 90% of the time.

That's one of the biggest problem with this company, the dispatching. Do it right the first time and they wouldn't have to send people back out to help because some are overloaded and some are not.

I know of no other job where you report to work put in 8-12 hours, complete all of your work, then before you can punch out you have to do other people's work as well.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

In my local you can tell them to pound sand if you make it back to th building with all of your break taken. They can not send you back out in the situation.

I don't know if your local is the same.

Keep in mind the OP is a TCD, not a FT driver; that being said, we have the same problem here. I have lost count of how many times I have been sent back out to help while others with less seniority have been allowed to go home. I could press the issue but it is a battle not worth waging.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
We don't have TCD here so i cannot speak to your area. Here (central region) if you have returned to building after completing full days work you do not have to go back out as stated above. If you receive a message while still out, you must work as directed but can only be redispatched 3 times in a month. The company will attempt to use the closest available person to help the person in need. The only time seniority has come into play here is if their are two people available the higher senior person has the right of first option, either to accept or decline!!

BrownTexas

If they send you back out and there is a lesser seniority person around you, you can use your seniority then. File a grievance if they say no. But if you beat them back to the building or they have already clocked out there isn't much you can do.

PeasAndCarrots

We don't have TCD here so i cannot speak to your area. Here (central region) if you have returned to building after completing full days work you do not have to go back out as stated above. If you receive a message while still out, you must work as directed but can only be redispatched 3 times in a month. The company will attempt to use the closest available person to help the person in need. The only time seniority has come into play here is if their are two people available the higher senior person has the right of first option, either to accept or decline!!

3 times in a month? You know where this is in the book?

Overpaid Union Thug

In the Southern Supplement we don't have to go out once we are back at the building. There is no language that says we can't be disciplined for refusing but why should there be? It already says we don't have to.

Sent using BrownCafe App

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
3 times in a month? You know where this is in the book?

Not in the contract but has been ruled on in the JAC. I have the ruling in my paperwork at work. This is a central region ruling based on the language in article 19 about not being disciplined for refusing to go back out after returning to the building.