Does my 20 years part time seniority mean anything?

budlight

hey friend* face
Sure, for part time vacation. Full time date means more, even if they've only been there a year. What's your gripe?

ibleedbrown

It means u can start thinking about retiring.

you have high seniority if there are any full time or combo openings you should be around the top of the list, you should be able to bump lower seniority employees in preferred positions, depending on what supplement you're under you should have around 6 weeks vacation a year and will be around the first to pick them as well.

goki

Haha, I'm only 38yrs young my friend. Started ups when I was 18....I don't have a gripe. I was just asking if part time seniority means anything anymore?

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Hub seniority?

You should have seniority in your hub over a lot of people. Meaning you can't be bumped off your job by another part timer with less. The drivers can bump you because they need their 8 hours if they come back inside the building. However they usually don't go that high to where they have to bump someone off with 20 years in. Plus you can be on top of the list for any new driving bids when they take drivers. Unless it is an odd year and their pulling car washers or whatever.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Combo employees have more seniority?

I think full timers can always bump because they require 8 hours or full time work. Like I said if their bumping you off and you got 20 years then that is just odd. Usually they don't mess with people who have that much time in.

1000RR

I think full timers can always bump because they require 8 hours or full time work. Like I said if their bumping you off and you got 20 years then that is just odd. Usually they don't mess with people who have that much time in.
Not here. Full time drivers that bump back inside the building can only bump part timers with less company seniority.