Does our insurance cover visits to a psychiatrist?

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
If you call the psychiatrist you can ask. Be careful though if you are a driver. Antidepressants can disqualify you from operating a package car or feeder. Good for you for getting the help. Don't be embarrassed.

BrownArmy

I'll second the motion: props to you for seeking help, and 110% don't be embarrassed. No one gets embarrassed over a sprained ankle, but mental health issues get treated differently. One day that will change.

My wife is a social worker...the biggest problems occur when help isn't sought.

She deals with specific individuals - their situations went wrong because they couldn't, wouldn't, or were unable to avail themselves of basic services.

Not everyone realizes how good our insurance is - by all means, use it.

Without knowing your situation, sometimes the fix is a conversation with a trained professional, sometimes the fix is medication (after talking with a trained professional), sometimes the fix is a conversation with a mediator, if the dysfunction is between two people.

Good luck, and for clucks sake, get any sort of help you need.

This life is too short to be miserable.

rod

Retired 22 years
My wife insisted we go to a family shrink during a rough period of our marriage. That didn't last past the first appointment after he took my side on who was creating the stress in our relationship. Funny how that works.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
My wife insisted we go to a family shrink during a rough period of our marriage. That didn't last past the first appointment after he took my side on who was creating the stress in our relationship. Funny how that works.

images
LMAO

Wilson

Typical office visit to a shrink:

You sit down hoping the Phd has answers.

They sit down and start asking questions like... whats bothering you? Why do you think that? What do you think you should do?

In most case than doesn't include medication ( I would resist med's unless its that or a stay in a institution) a good size mirror and some real honesty coupled with acceptance and courage to change will do just fine.

Cementups

Box Monkey
90% of all injuries physical and mental are cured by the mind & body not by doctors or medicine.

So my fractured shoulder that will have me out of my package car on my couch for the next 2-3 months is mental and I should suck it up and go back to work? I'll call my boss now and let him know I'll be back Monday. Thanks Doc*!!!

Last edited by a moderator: