Does the Creator Care?

gingerkat

To All,

In a world of loneliness, despair, and rejection, the Bible offers hope and encouragement.

You don't need to turn to booze or drunkenness for comfort, escape or whatever it does for you.

I've tried to read the Bible, and no disrespect…it's a terrible read. The Bible I grew up with told me nothing of hope, it was all sin, guilt, death and destruction. It was some scary stuff to a kid. I suppose that is why so many of my first cousins are no longer this religion.

As far as turing to booze or drunkenness for comfort or escape? I absolutely disagree with you. Sometimes we all need a little escape of some kind. There are days where I just want to forget things or life and the bottle of rum is smiling at me. I really do not think God would disapprove of this, if he does, this is not the all forgiving God we were taught about.

If you are able to drink responsibly and it happens to go along with comfort and escape at times, well have at. Live and let live Integrity. We don't walk in others shoes, so we can't judge. Isn't that what the Bible teaches us anyway?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The world is MILLIONS of years old. The tale of a "space god" creating the earth is something that only the truly weak need to find peace within themselves.

The universe is infinite. There are thousands of solar systems in a vast darkness we know nothing about. To believe a space GOD created all the matter in an infinite space and then just for kicks, picked one solar system and one planet to experiment with life in his own likeness is silly at best.

If there was a space GOD so determined to recreate life in his own likeness, then why not create thousands of planets with "human" life on it?

Why just the experiment with the blue planet?

In the millions of years that earth has been around, why was man only on it for less than 2000 years? Why did the dinosaurs roam for millions of years if this "space god" wanted people to worship him?

The ideas that some "space God" living in the sky was a believeable concept 2000 years ago when there was no way to get to space, but now we understand the solar system way better than those people living in huts in the deserts of the planet with a wild imagination trying to explain a science they knew nothing about, with tales of some superior being with superpowers creating the earth.

Evolution is the key and if you dont believe in evolution, then you have to believe the common cold doesnt exist. Sickness evolves, changing all the time.

To also believe that somehow a "space GOD" intervenes in football games to determine an outcome is also laughable at best. As if this "space GOD" watches the game and has an interest in it, favoring one side or the other.

People are free to believe what they want, but when people cant explain science, they run to "faith" to shore up their lack of understanding of science.

Peace:peaceful:

TOS

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The world is MILLIONS of years old. The tale of a "space god" creating the earth is something that only the truly weak need to find peace within themselves.

The universe is infinite. There are thousands of solar systems in a vast darkness we know nothing about. To believe a space GOD created all the matter in an infinite space and then just for kicks, picked one solar system and one planet to experiment with life in his own likeness is silly at best.

If there was a space GOD so determined to recreate life in his own likeness, then why not create thousands of planets with "human" life on it?

Why just the experiment with the blue planet?

In the millions of years that earth has been around, why was man only on it for less than 2000 years? Why did the dinosaurs roam for millions of years if this "space god" wanted people to worship him?

The ideas that some "space God" living in the sky was a believeable concept 2000 years ago when there was no way to get to space, but now we understand the solar system way better than those people living in huts in the deserts of the planet with a wild imagination trying to explain a science they knew nothing about, with tales of some superior being with superpowers creating the earth.

Evolution is the key and if you dont believe in evolution, then you have to believe the common cold doesnt exist. Sickness evolves, changing all the time.

To also believe that somehow a "space GOD" intervenes in football games to determine an outcome is also laughable at best. As if this "space GOD" watches the game and has an interest in it, favoring one side or the other.

People are free to believe what they want, but when people cant explain science, they run to "faith" to shore up their lack of understanding of science.

Peace:peaceful:

TOS
And none of the postulates you mention are incongruent with most religious people's beliefs.
They certainly are consistent with my beliefs.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I've tried to read the Bible, and no disrespect…it's a terrible read. The Bible I grew up with told me nothing of hope, it was all sin, guilt, death and destruction. It was some scary stuff to a kid. I suppose that is why so many of my first cousins are no longer this religion.

As far as turing to booze or drunkenness for comfort or escape? I absolutely disagree with you. Sometimes we all need a little escape of some kind. There are days where I just want to forget things or life and the bottle of rum is smiling at me. I really do not think God would disapprove of this, if he does, this is not the all forgiving God we were taught about.

If you are able to drink responsibly and it happens to go along with comfort and escape at times, well have at. Live and let live Integrity. We don't walk in others shoes, so we can't judge. Isn't that what the Bible teaches us anyway?
Roadmaps are boring too unless you are looking for directions.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
The Bible is a book of written history, most of which was witnessed! If we need proof of this history,why do we believe in George Washington, Napoleon, DiVinchi, Lincoln, none of us saw these men or witnessed the events, we read it in history! If Jesus Christ and his teachings and his actions were a fake, its the greatest hoax of all time ,because it has fooled billions and has lasted for over 2000 years !! I choose to believe, and will stick with this to my end !! I've got nothing to loose !

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The Bible is a book of written history, most of which was witnessed! If we need proof of this history,why do we believe in George Washington, Napoleon, DiVinchi, Lincoln, none of us saw these men or witnessed the events, we read it in history! If Jesus Christ and his teachings and his actions were a fake, its the greatest hoax of all time ,because it has fooled billions and has lasted for over 2000 years !! I choose to believe, and will stick with this to my end !! I've got nothing to loose !

The Bible is an interpretation of written history.

I support your beliefs.................as long as I still get to sacrifice virgins. :blushing2:

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

The bible being referred to as written history is exactly the kind of blind faith people have because they cant understand science. How the universe and planets were created is always going to be somewhat of a mystery, but one thing is for certain. NO SPACE GOD had any hand in its creation.

The Bible is always referred to as "The Greatest Story Ever told" for a reason. Its just that, a STORY. When written, there was NO method of fact checking, there were no documented scientific studies. Everything that happened on earth, from volcanos, to earthquakes, to floods, to famine, to desease all the way up to a SOLAR ECLIPSE, the perpetrators of this "STORY" assigned to "GOD".

An intelligent being who lived in the sky (where coincedentally nobody could get to) was the answer for all these calamities. It was an easy story to sell.

Heck, even today, the republicans are telling the same kind of lies and people like moreluck not only believe them, but repeat them daily and that goes to show you how even the most moronic story can be believed.

Thomas Jefferson himself said the bible was full of lies and distortions and its stories about "acts of god" defied science at its core. He felt so strongly about the bible being a bunch of Crap, he wrote his own bible ( The Jefferson Bible) and he Redacted everything out of the bible he thought B.S.

Congressmen, Senators and other politicians were sworn in on the Jefferson bible vs the bible you believe to be filled with EYE WITNESSES.

But so I am clear, everyone is entitled to believe what they want and if they want to hang their collective hats on a space god living in some space camp waiting millions of years to return to earth to bring out his turning to ash and stone tricks, then sobeit.

Ringling bros has no problems filling an arena when the circus comes to town.

Everything in the bible is a scare tactic. Scaring people into blind faith so that even in death they have something to fear.

Thomas Paine said that the bible was not that of a GOD, but more of a demon with all its debauchery, murder and rape stories.

I agree with the founders. SCIENCE can explain many things, and to believe Moses split open a sea and simply walked across the Silt filled bottom of the ocean like it was a crosswalk is the biggest crock ever. If you have ever scuba dived, and seen the bottom of the ocean floor, you would know that would be virtually impossible.

For me, I like the part of the bible where GOD orders the fathers of young daughters to stone their daughters to death in the center of town if their husbands find out they were not virgins at marriage. Thats the kind of GOD I want to hang out with and pin my hopes of seeing one day.

What a crock.

TOS.

bbsam

Staff member
LOL. Theological goofballs. Fun to read but really, meaningless dribble. What could possibly be said here that would influence anyone one way or another? Could you imagine someone saying, "I believe in God because bbsam had life changing experience that he attributes to God."? Or, "TOS was so convincing that I've decided never to have anything to do with God or religion ever again!"? Yea. Neither can I.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
LOL. Theological goofballs. Fun to read but really, meaningless dribble. What could possibly be said here that would influence anyone one way or another? Could you imagine someone saying, "I believe in God because bbsam had life changing experience that he attributes to God."? Or, "TOS was so convincing that I've decided never to have anything to do with God or religion ever again!"? Yea. Neither can I.

That was why this thread was moved to Current Events where nothing is ever posted "that would influence anyone one way or another". :angel:

Marne Vet

The Bible is an interpretation of written history.

Untrue. The Gospels which make-up the Bible were all written by unknown people starting at a minimum of a hundred years after the SUPPOSE life of Jesus. They all greatly contradict one another. Two well known historians from the SUPPOSE time of Jesus never even mentioned him, and they were around during his SUPPOSE time. The Romans which were impeccable record keepers, don't even mention him. Both Historians and Theologians agree that they can not confirm whether or not a man named Jesus even existed then. They think there might've been, but there's no actual history to verify it. The Bible is a bunch of stories that coincidentally mimic the story of Horus which predates Christ by almost 1700 years. Any book that contains over 55,000 direct contradictions can't be called an "interpretation of history". I call it what it is. A book written during the Iron Age by ignorant people that explained away the unknown by creating God(s). Every culture has done it. :)