Does the union know how much volume is going to the post office???

10 point

So it looks like the union isn't going to push anything with ups....even though some of that work could come back to us and have the company still be competitive against fedex smartpost...very disappointing
Call the IBT package division in Wash DC. See what response you get.
Hope yours is different than ours.
Three years into this CBA.
I guess we had to "vote it in and figure it out later".
Maybe we can pass out some stickers to wear. That'll fix it.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Call the IBT package division in Wash DC. See what response you get.
Hope yours is different than ours.
Three years into this CBA.
I guess we had to "vote it in and figure it out later".
Maybe we can pass out some stickers to wear. That'll fix it.
So how did these surepost "enhancements" come into play....were drivers complaining about the amount of union work going to the po or did h and h catch wind of this and decided to " step up"... Lol if that's what you call it.. More like bending over.

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So it looks like the union isn't going to push anything with ups....even though some of that work could come back to us and have the company still be competitive against fedex smartpost...very disappointing

In my center some of that work has come back to us. I have noticed more SurePost proximity stops and larger single SurePost packages.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I have also seen an uptick of work in our center . Returned to us for delivery. The only thing I don't like is there are 50 to 100 of them left in the building each morning. To be delivered or diverted to the post office. I even asked our business agent about why. He said it's part of the agreement between the two

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Also a few days ago had a pkg over 70 delivered to the po on behalf of a box holder from a shipper this should have never happen we could have looked up the address and do it ourselves

By The Book

We haven't seen any single stop surepost pkgs in my area out west so I'm not sure what is going on...
You will get those if your center advances volume, and that address was scheduled to receive a non sure post pkg on the same day. That's how it works here. As a steward I ask my dispatcher about once a month how the sure post volume is being routed. Kind of reminds them I know how it's supposed to go and then I observe a lot.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I have also seen an uptick of work in our center . Returned to us for delivery. The only thing I don't like is there are 50 to 100 of them left in the building each morning. To be delivered or diverted to the post office. I even asked our business agent about why. He said it's part of the agreement between the two
Those are typically held because a partner package is scheduled for arrival the next day and both will be delivered directly to the consignee. That pile being held is a good thing and part of the agreement to keep more volume on the package cars.

By The Book

Next time your near those packages look for a pal type label that says del date on it. It should have tomorrow's date on them. These will be on package car routes for the drivers to deliver. I think this is the software that the company uses to identify these stops....in the sure post language.

Method$

I've seen 0 proximity single surepost pkgs, but lots of 2 surepost package deliverys, also anything over 3 cubic feet, any surepost to businesses, or over 11lbs?

We grieved this and had an audit of surepost with many many violations, we del more surepost now than before the agreement.

I like how they hold pkgs a day when we have a del the next day. Atleast we deliver them, proximity seems to have gone out the window...

By The Book

I've seen 0 proximity single surepost pkgs, but lots of 2 surepost package deliverys, also anything over 3 cubic feet, any surepost to businesses, or over 11lbs?

We grieved this and had an audit of surepost with many many violations, we del more surepost now than before the agreement.

I like how they hold pkgs a day when we have a del the next day. Atleast we deliver them, proximity seems to have gone out the window...
Keep after it! Spread the word. I think there is a national grievance about the close proximity language in the works.

Method$

Our preloaders on rte's that del to P.O's send them back to the clerk. Also on rte there is a non-del opt for surepost pkgs that should come back to us.