Does this change our lunch breaks?

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by 10 2 go, Jun 6, 2013.

1. 3 done 3 to go

3 done 3 to go In control of my own destiny

On UPSers.com. Under corporate pcm.
    New lunch break rules. Will this require us to only 30 min for lunch? Says there must be atleast be a 30 min break in an 8 hr period. Sorry I was unable to move link w my kindle.

2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Lunches are a supplement item and I didn't see any changes to our lunch when I glanced at our supplement.

3. 3 done 3 to go

I know. It says it starts July 1st. A new rule by the Fed Highway Commission. Maybe it came in after the agreement?

4. What'dyabringmetoday???

What'dyabringmetoday??? Well-Known Member

It will still be 45 minutes. They won't give this up as many donate this time.

5. 3 done 3 to go

I agree with that. If so, the guys whom take their lunch at the end of the day may be affected. Ups could use stealing time?

6. What'dyabringmetoday???

What'dyabringmetoday??? Well-Known Member

They pretty much do as they please. On a side note, what is the mood in 294? I am hearing most are against supplement? Meetings cancelled??

7. Mike57

Mike57 Member

I believe that is for drivers that have to show a 1/2 break on their log books if they work/drive over 8 hrs in a day. I don't work for UPS. But it seem that if you already have a lunch break,you would be covered under the new law...

8. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Everyone can put in a fake lunch hour the same way they do now.

9. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

It's a new federal law for dot drivers to take a 30 lunch everyday no exceptions. I hear there will be a numbers to call to report violations. This will change ups big time.

10. stink219

stink219 Well-Known Member

This is actually a new rule set in place by the FMCSA.
    Breaks:
    The new rule states that truck drivers cannot drive after working eight hours without first taking a break of at least 30 minutes. Drivers can take the 30-minute break whenever they need rest during the eight-hour window.

11. bbsam

bbsam Moderator Staff Member

I think there is an exception for vehicles delivering in a 150 mile radius of the terminal.

12. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

13. bbsam

bbsam Moderator Staff Member

14. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

It's a good rule that really going to upset a lot of runners.

15. Coldworld

Coldworld Well-Known Member

ups has the technology to see who is delivering through their lunch...and will do nothing about it....nothing will change unless co-workers have a problem with it

16. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

I will call and report anyone I find out who is breaking the law.

17. sigreq

sigreq Member

It's DOT not ups

18. Coldworld

Coldworld Well-Known Member

if there will actually be a hotline number where someone can go on there and make a complaint that will help....especially for sups running routes and not taking the full breaks and lunch...lol

19. 3 done 3 to go

UPS does overlook the runners. But,do you think the state will be able to see those times

20. 3 done 3 to go

It says for all UPS drivers. I wish I could move it over. I'm not able to with my kindle