Does this change our lunch breaks?

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
On UPSers.com. Under corporate pcm.
New lunch break rules. Will this require us to only 30 min for lunch? Says there must be atleast be a 30 min break in an 8 hr period. Sorry I was unable to move link w my kindle.

Mike57

I know. It says it starts July 1st. A new rule by the Fed Highway Commission. Maybe it came in after the agreement?
I believe that is for drivers that have to show a 1/2 break on their log books if they work/drive over 8 hrs in a day. I don't work for UPS. But it seem that if you already have a lunch break,you would be covered under the new law...

It's a new federal law for dot drivers to take a 30 lunch everyday no exceptions. I hear there will be a numbers to call to report violations. This will change ups big time.

stink219

On UPSers.com. Under corporate pcm.
New lunch break rules. Will this require us to only 30 min for lunch? Says there must be atleast be a 30 min break in an 8 hr period. Sorry I was unable to move link w my kindle.
This is actually a new rule set in place by the FMCSA.
Breaks:
The new rule states that truck drivers cannot drive after working eight hours without first taking a break of at least 30 minutes. Drivers can take the 30-minute break whenever they need rest during the eight-hour window.

This is actually a new rule set in place by the FMCSA.
Breaks:
The new rule states that truck drivers cannot drive after working eight hours without first taking a break of at least 30 minutes. Drivers can take the 30-minute break whenever they need rest during the eight-hour window.
It's a good rule that really going to upset a lot of runners.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I will call and report anyone I find out who is breaking the law.

if there will actually be a hotline number where someone can go on there and make a complaint that will help....especially for sups running routes and not taking the full breaks and lunch...lol